Do/did you tell the neighbours when the bees moved in?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do/did you tell the neighbours?

• Ask neighbours if ok to move in bees

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • Inform them there will be hives

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • Say nothing and just do it

Votes: 67 56.3%

• Total voters
:iagree:
I remember the fuss in Invergordon when some incomers tried to diversify in one of the pubs - after all, until they came along the workers at the local distillery had no access to a Romanian brothel!!

I had bees in the garden that I had to move due to problems with neibours. I now have the occasional colony in there without telling them on a short term basis (swarms collected etc). They always make comments about them being there like dog has been stung or something (even if the bees went a few days before) I find it a real pain so only do so if no other choice.

Shh, we didn't tell the neighbors

LOL Funny topic. "Honey, I lost the bees."

What's funny is that the bees might like the neighbor's house more! Or when several houses are in need of bee removal services, which could always trace is back to you. If the law permits, go for it, but be cautious as not everyone is comfortable around them.

We are not going to tell the neighbours when our bees move in since they live all the way down the road and we have quite a large garden so we don't think it will really affect the neighbours very much.

Kept it quiet initially, now everyone knows, and are quite happy about it. There is only a thick laurel hedge between passers-by and then the bees and nobody has complained in six years. They love the smell and the sound of the hives in Summer.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

There are indeed some people you could drown in honey and they would still not be sweet.
Of course that is (a) a waste of honey and (b) illegal and (c) not a good way of disposing of a body.

Latest posts

Back