Cutting Off a Queens Mandibles

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why didn't you say this in first post instead of pussyfooting around with the what do you think stuff. And why not just talk to the author instead of blaming BBKA? If they'd censored articles then you'd be complaining too.

If you read my posts you would notice that not once have I said I was against the BBKA. Nor did I say I was for it.

I also didn't blame them. Nor did I complain. Or suggest censoring. :sifone:

For everything except selected reasons and don't you have to certify those reasons in front of a vet?

So it's not illegal! selected reasons are mostly 'working dogs' which is what spaniels are, no such thing as 'certified reasons' production of a shotgun certificate or something of that kind is enough unless you come across a vet who is a waste of space (which you wouldn't bother with their type anyway)

If they'd censored articles then you'd be complaining too.

I also didn't blame them. Nor did I complain. Or suggest censoring. :sifone:

It's not about censorship - it's about editorial control (something which seems sadly lacking with that organisation) sorting out the wheat from the chaff, ensuring absolute rubbish doesn't get put into print and if an article seems to condone barbaric practices either get it pulled or ensuring it is made clear that the practice is ill advised and not condoned.

What is not realised by the BBKA (or it's supporters) is that there are a lot of folk (Known as numpties) out there that "have" bees. They only care about the honey, couldn't give a toss about the bees. How they, the bees, survive is more down to good luck.
They join the BBKA for the insurance, and the "free" magazine.
Now there is an article that explains how you can have multiple queens. More queens = more honey.

Imagine how many queens could be mutilated next year,,, just because of this article.

At the beginning of this thread I laid no blame. Now, thinking about it, it was a very irresponsible thing to write/publish.

Last edited:
Barbaric behaviour should be dealt with using barbaric punishment, off with his head I say.
You can't even put this in the same category as animal testing, just some idiot who probably burnt worms with a magnifying glass as a child and progressed to animal mutilation when he was older.

There are some scary people out there

"Imagine how many queens could be mutilated next year,,, just because of this article."

I'm imagining and the number I imagine is ....zero.

What is not realised by the BBKA (or it's supporters) is that there are a lot of folk (Known as numpties) out there that "have" bees. They only care about the honey, couldn't give a toss about the bees. How they, the bees, survive is more down to good luck.
Now there is an article that explains how you can have multiple queens. More queens = more honey.

Imagine how many queens could be mutilated next year,,, just because of this article.

At the beginning of this thread I laid no blame. Now, thinking about it, it was a very irresponsible thing to write/publish.

I imagine allways, how much human bodies lay in British home gardens and how many retired ladies are needed to work as private detective to dig bodies up.

Cussword has written now 13 writings how to make foraging Power for main yield...

What about if Queen are poorly mated and hives are full of drones?..

Last edited:

Please be a bit less rude.

People join the organisation for lots of reasons, and if you were "kept" bees for just the honey you wouldn't join the BBKA. The insurance isn't worth a pile of **** if that's all you want it for. if you only want bees for the honey you wouldn't be a member of any association.

If your a commercial beekeeper you would Join the BFA much much better than the BBKA its run by the members for the members and costs a damn sight more than the BBKA which is mostly just a political organisation now.

Nowhere in this article was mandibular clipping advocated or described in detail, whereas the Ron Brown's method of using something similar to a Demarree board was described sufficiently for somebody to be able to use the method. The clipping of mandibles was not described in enough detail for a reader to be able to use the method and the author made it clear he did not like it. A reader would have to go off somewhere else and do a lot of reading to be able to "mutilate" his or her bees next year. I would not blame the author or the BBKA were that to happen in the same way that I don't blame the BBC for reporting about Syria when some young muslim goes there and gets himself killed.

CVB

Calm Down Charlie boy, you're repeating yourself!!! I'll stand by my comments, just as you are entitled to stand by yours.

Oh, and, dpearce4, there was no rudeness intended.

Are we done now?

Last edited:
Let's get back to seasonal issues shall we? the mixing of syrup, what brand of match is the best to supplement the gaping hole in the crownboards and how to waste countless hours of your time nd your money rolling your own fondant. That will also take Sven's mind off his unhealthy obsession with interfering with the bodies of deceased geriatric ladies.

Let's get back to seasonal issues shall we? the mixing of syrup, what brand of match is the best to supplement the gaping hole in the crownboards and how to waste countless hours of your time nd your money rolling your own fondant. That will also take Sven's mind off his unhealthy obsession with interfering with the bodies of deceased geriatric ladies.

:laughing-smiley-004

I bet that no one start to cut jaws of queens. Amount of honey comes from pastures. When you cut the jaws, it does not bring more nectar to fields...

4 queens in one hive? Four times more brood. What then? As said, you get the same when you separate boxes with excluder.

The whole idea makes no sense.
Relax Cussword. It is only bad dream

Latest posts

Back