Cut comb

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidholmes

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I have some cut comb most of which is normal capped honey. There are some areas mostly round the edges of the frames where the cells are white and raised about 25% higher than the surrounding cells. The contents are pure white, smooth like fondant icing in texture and have an almost orange like taste. They are not gritty. They were produced late last summer. I am not aware of orange blossom in Somerset! Could anyone advise what this is?
Thanks

How late in summer….ivy is very fine and when wet is smooth or fondant like. What forage is available in your area.?

I have some cut comb most of which is normal capped honey. There are some areas mostly round the edges of the frames where the cells are white and raised about 25% higher than the surrounding cells. The contents are pure white, smooth like fondant icing in texture and have an almost orange like taste. They are not gritty. They were produced late last summer. I am not aware of orange blossom in Somerset! Could anyone advise what this is?
Thanks
When you say late summer July /August - could be lynden lime.? Are there lime trees around?

Latest posts

Back