Copy of Honey Bee Pathology on ebay

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For £16.85 you can find out.

I do not read 40 years old disease books.
I was 30 years old when the book was writen.

I have updated my knowledge from new researching.
When I compare disease knowledge between different countries, they are strangely different.
In Britain the most important pathology book is the law book. ... Makes no sense.

Last edited:
The diseases haven't changed.]

They have changed

- 1980 it was not varroa, and no medicine in West

- chalkbrood. I remember when it was said that " chalk brood does not kill hives". In the year 2000 it was said that chalk brook makes serious honey yield losses. Varroa spreaded chalkbroo vigorously.

- i do not know the history of EFB, but nowadays it is not a bad disease. You just change the genepool of bees.

- varroa has become more serious than on Apistan times.

- nosema is difficult and a strange disease. Does it need medicine really?

- "do nothing" is very popular method to nurse diseases. New beekeepers prefer to listen humbug than university knowledge.

- the world is full of false knowledge. Dificult to know what is truth and what is false trying to get money to projects.

Last edited:
Presumably Finman is not a religious man or a reader of the classics as books in these categories are hundreds of years old. Maybe he reads more recent texts like "50 shades of grey" (which I found my 90 hyr old mother reading three years ago much to my surprise!)

Last I read a story of 3 bears of South Africa

- small bear: Who has eaten my porriage!
- father bear: who has eaten my porriage!
- mother bear via kitchen door gap: I have not made porriage yeat
- why not!
- electric is cut.

Somebody has bought it, then re-listed it for £55 :p

Latest posts

Back