Comb storage

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What isn't known is if opening feeding is universally excepted in Spain even if one believes they are remote from other colonies .

# 97 is one good reason not to.
I do not know what other beekeepers do and we do not have official organizations that issue recommendations.

It is clear that Fian is not my real name, but I use it as the reduced version of the gmail account (XXXXX) and if you wonder, the reason lies in the Irish translation "fiannafail" (destiny warrior)

Last edited by a moderator:
For what reason do you doubt my nationality? It is clear that Fian is not my real name, but I use it as the reduced version of the gmail account (XXXXX) and if you wonder, the reason lies in the Irish translation "fiannafail" (destiny warrior)
I've removed your email address .... not a good idea to provide it on a public forum ... akin to open feeding - goodness knows what you could attract.

I've removed your email address .... not a good idea to provide it on a public forum ... akin to open feeding - goodness knows what you could attract.
I have seen it but I hoped that the willingness to demonstrate it would help to banish the idea that it is a conspirator with hidden interests according to the belief of any member.

Le
I have seen it but I hoped that the willingness to demonstrate it would help to banish the idea that it is a conspirator with hidden interests according to the belief of any member.
It's enough to know it's there .. I appreciate the gesture.

He can as long as beginners don’t listen to him.
I do not intend to sell anything to anyone and I am going to make it very clear that whoever wishes to follow my management is very clear about its advantages and disadvantages.
So on the topic of the thread.
My handling of wet supers after harvest is to take them close to the apiary and then store them dry. They are stacked in towers of 10 to 14 units with roofs on the ground and at the end. It is wrapped in film. Eventually there are eucalyptus branches between the last rise and the roof.
Disadvantages:
-Risk of looting. The reduction of the entrance would be recommended.
-Risk of transmission of diseases or varroa. It is recommended to carry out tests to start treatments in case of positivity.
Advantage:
- Less risk of wax moth or fermentation of honey residues.
- The use of the stretched comb allows the bees to start harvesting early the following season.
Finally, I will only ask the other members that when they comment on their handling, indicate their advantages and disadvantages.

I do not intend to sell anything to anyone and I am going to make it very clear that whoever wishes to follow my management is very clear about its advantages and disadvantages.
So on the topic of the thread.
My handling of wet supers after harvest is to take them close to the apiary and then store them dry. They are stacked in towers of 10 to 14 units with roofs on the ground and at the end. It is wrapped in film. Eventually there are eucalyptus branches between the last rise and the roof.
Disadvantages:
-Risk of looting. The reduction of the entrance would be recommended.
-Risk of transmission of diseases or varroa. It is recommended to carry out tests to start treatments in case of positivity.
Advantage:
- Less risk of wax moth or fermentation of honey residues.
- The use of the stretched comb allows the bees to start harvesting early the following season.
Finally, I will only ask the other members that when they comment on their handling, indicate their advantages and disadvantages.
Is this a good place to end?

well it is a bit like talking to a brick wall
Although to be honest, beginners would get better advice from doing just that
To be honest, I haven't seen him explain his handling yet.
On the other hand, the brick wall could also be applied to yourself because you only provided criticism and no answer to my repeated questions.

I try not to engage with trolls
People are well informed about my management techniques, I've shared them on other threads. They also know that I am DASH accredited.
Thus far your posts have only shown bad practices and a poor and reckless approach to apiary management, beekeeping and disease mitigation thus deserve either criticism or just my contempt

People are well informed about my management techniques, I've shared them on other threads. They also know that I am DASH accredited.
Thus far your posts have only shown bad practices and a poor and reckless approach to apiary management, beekeeping and disease mitigation thus deserve either criticism or just my contempt
Don't worry about providing the link for me to learn is enough.

Yes, if no one else wants to add their management of harvest increases.
I thought the thread was about storing combs ? You can always start another on managing harvest increases.
I think this one has probably exhausted itself.

I thought the thread was about storing combs ? You can always start another on managing harvest increases.
I think this one has probably exhausted itself.
I have always talked about the combs of the harvesting supers, perhaps it is just a poor translation.

So it is not a preventive measure for the survival of SHB eggs that the relative humidity during frame storage is less than 33%? Wouldn't that be easier to get on dry combs than on wet ones?

Latest posts

Back