Caucasian queen wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I moved back to Italy three months ago. Before then I have been living in Montana for 15 years and in Florida for, may I say it, ... too long.
Italian (ligustica) bees are very popular because they are still being evaluated as if varroa did not come along (but it did!).
Under the hobbist beekeeper's point of view Russian bees should be reconsidered and integrated into their activities including breeding programs. In terms of commercial beekeeping ... well ... that's an entirely different problem. Consumers are not willing to pay enough for honey: they want to buy honey at the cost of sugar.
Maddmax1

May the Lord enlighten them.

Back to the original post - I don't think it is possible anyway to import queen bees from Russia or Georgia. They are unable to provide the correct certification for the EU.

You are quite correct Norton. The only 3 countries outside the EU that meet the import specifications are New Zealand, Australia and Argentina. Queens can be imported from all 3 countries but package bees only from NZ. t is not legal to import from any other country. Any beek considering doing so should think again. Anyone who does should be hung, drawn and quartered.(IMHO)
I don't think Mr Putin has any desire to join the EU just yet!!!!

You guys may wanna give a better look into honey bees global trafic and how ... questionable stocks are smuggled into US and EU through laundering mediated by "bridge" Countries.
Maddmax1

You are quite correct Norton. The only 3 countries outside the EU that meet the import specifications are New Zealand, Australia and Argentina. Queens can be imported from all 3 countries but package bees only from NZ. t is not legal to import from any other country. Any beek considering doing so should think again. Anyone who does should be hung, drawn and quartered.(IMHO)
I don't think Mr Putin has any desire to join the EU just yet!!!!

Of course.. and within the EU bees are herded in hives by the lorry load with no respect for the boundaries and borders that Nature provided to protect us.
Which is why honeybees are in such a mess ( If you believe the Journalists )

Nos da

You guys may wanna give a better look into honey bees global trafic and how ... questionable stocks are smuggled into US and EU through laundering mediated by "bridge" Countries.
Maddmax1

Obviously you know something that most beekeepers and the authorities do not know!!.
If you had evidence of these practices within the EU you should be informing the authorities.
Bee diseases and pests cost the beekeepers and government authorities a great deal of money each year. I wonder what the cost of the unsuccessful, so far, small hive beetle eradication has been in Italy?

You are writing nonsense. Caucasian queens have been in Europe before EU bee legistations.

My Caucasian queens were sent via post from Canada. But their productivity was not so good that beeks want to keep them.

Beebreeders get their queens from anywhere. They have their routes.

For example genemapping has revieled that Scutellata genes have been in USA before killer bee arrived via Mexican official route.

I think, that the whole World is afraid that Scutellata genes can arrive to another countries via US queens.

Last edited:
If you had evidence of these practices within the EU you should be informing the authorities.

And probably end up wearing a pair of concrete shoes and sleeping with the fishies.

Obviously you know something that most beekeepers and the authorities do not know!!.
?

I think, that you sleep better if you trust on EU and on bee inspectorate.

Russian bees are from Siberia, but as far as I know, they themselves do not use those queens.

Near the border of Finland they love to get Finnish Italian queens.
They laugh, that they have such queens, that when they rob supers, one guy wear bear suit on. When all bees attack on bear man, another guy catches the honey.

Russian beeks could use Caucasian bees, but why they do not use? Or Estonian beekeepers. Estonia and many other EU country belonged to Soviet 25 y ago.

I made a trial from google "Poland and caucasian bee". A link tells that Caucasian bee is the longest breeded race in Poland.

It was said too, that purity of Caucasians was impossible to keep in Poland during 50 years, because it mixed to Carniolans.

Last edited:
My Caucasian queens were sent via post from Canada. But their productivity was not so good that beeks want to keep them.
Illegal import if not accompanied by a veterinary certificate.

Illegal import if not accompanied by a veterinary certificate.

That was 45 years ago. USA had importing legistation, but not many other countries. Yes, trips were often illegal. There are do much illegal trade. As the human migration on Mediterranian and using oxalic acid in beekeeping.

Only which is not illegal in many countries is hit your wife.

Near the border of Finland they love to get Finnish Italian queens.
They laugh, that they have such queens, that when they rob supers, one guy wear bear suit on. When all bees attack on bear man, another guy catches the honey.

Please tell us more!

Mytten da

And probably end up wearing a pair of concrete shoes and sleeping with the fishies.

I hope this is not a veiled threat, Hivemaker.
Are you the Mr Big in the illegal importation world?
I can see the headlines now.
'Millions of illegal immigrants!! Beekeeper responsible for breeding illegal honey bees!!!'
'EU rules flouted! No paperwork to back up imports!!'
'Coup against British Queen!!!'
'Prince consort says I am not sharing my virgin queen with 15 others!!'

Beekeeper responsible for breeding illegal honey bees!!!'

Once upon a time, when evidences???

A false name Finman wrote that 45 y ago from Canada....when false name II Hivemaker did not have born...

And Jenkins proves, that False name Finman does not exist and that non existing fake lies everything.

Back