Can you leave made up frames outside in freezing temps?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have done quite much inside those waxed frames, but alone in summer cottage

Frames with wax should in in vertical position. You may store frames into banana boxes.

Wax gives a terrible aroma into room, and thet should be stored outside human living rooms.

Foundation stands very well cold air. My storages go down to -20C and nothing happens to foundations when I put them in summer into hives.

If you use SN1's they are marginally cheaper, will store closer together when not used so you can then use the supers that are made available as ekes if you need and you won't need so many in the hive if you use castellations - 9 frames to a box or 8 to a WBC.

Nine to a box saves on the number of frames, have less frames to extract and gets more weight of honey per super.

Don't light the wood-burner or the wax will sag! Even if you think it's cold it could well have sagged anyway once you come back to it.

I did wonder about him using sn4's. Maybe he's using brood and a half sometimes.
Sn1's stack nicely in supers 18 or 19 to a box.

No way my wife will let me use a lounge (or any room in the house) as a bee room. Definitely a keeper this one 😉

She's pretty decent to be fair!

P1080027.jpeg

We use these trolleys as overflow once the boxes are filled

I did wonder about him using sn4's. Maybe he's using brood and a half sometimes.
Sn1's stack nicely in supers 18 or 19 to a box.

Can you use sn4's with castalstions for honey not brood and 1/2?

Not so keen on bragging..
Ha! Just seen this...

You haven't seen property prices in North Wales have you?

I could get all that for the cost of a shed in London!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Ha! Just seen this...

You haven't seen property prices in North Wales have you?
& you've not considered the infrastructure "upt North" (where it's posh not to carry out your ablutions at the bottom of the garden). :bump:

I could get all that for the cost of a shed in London!!

+ you'd have to put up with everything else that goes with living in the smoke! :eek:
Once S.W.M.B.O. got acquainted with the London wives, your Bee Room would be due for a makeover as a day room/modern withdrawing room & lost forever! :ohthedrama:

Another shed..... and another shed...and another shed...and another shed...and another shed........ and another shed...and another shed...and another shed...and another shed........ and another shed...and another shed...and another shed...and another shed........ and another shed...and another shed...and another shed...and another shed........ and another shed...and another shed...and another shed...and another shed........ and another shed...and another shed...and another shed...and another shed...

Latest posts

Back