Bulk honey price –-london/south east

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
London honey i.e. (from London) retails between £8.00 to £15.00 depending on where you buy it - beekeeper or market or shop.
Personally try selling it yourself rather than have someone else take the profit from yours and the bees hard work!

Some would think you were underpricing your honey selling it at that price to colleagues. By selling it cheaper they dont get any idea of the actual value of it.

:iagree:

SWMBO had colleagues offering to pay £5.00 for an 8 oz jar a few years ago

Some would think you were underpricing your honey selling it at that price to colleagues. By selling it cheaper they dont get any idea of the actual value of it.
Sorry it was 8oz not 12oz so I think that is about a far price; Isn't it.

I held firm at work and sold for £5 a 12 oz hex jar no discount for colleagues they are all highly paid. Some mentioned Lidl so I told them @#£% @# to Lidl then and buy it!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

They came back and purchased 3 to 4 jars each!

do yourselves a favour and buy one of the cheap jars from any supermarket, then offer for them to taste the difference. It works wonders.

I took in a whole super to show the office staff and offered them to eat from a frame with spoons....at lunchtime and morning tea I be done very well after that event most sold to work I also did the same at a Parish Coffee Morning to boost sales....it worked!

It s difficult to say what is proper price.

I may sell to resellers 5 euros/kg.
Then I may sell in 25kg buckets 6 euros /kg

Now I sell in jars 8 euros/kg but most of my customers buy over 5 kg, Almost no one buy one jar. Best buy 50 kg and 30 kg.

What is really expencive is drive car and deliver small amounts of honey.

.3 euros on the top of 5 euros is perhaps a profit. Who knows! ...But with 1000 kg it is money.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back