• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Honey Wanted Bulk honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcup

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hi there - use honey in fish bait, any one got any buckets of honey for sale, in the south east and what sort of price ?

Probably nearer to £4.50 a pound in some parts of the country and in certain parts of Shropshire over £10 a pound !

Lidl sounds like a much better option for fishbait - I rather doubt the carp will know the difference.

so one person's opinion now sets the price for bulk honey sales?
I'd rather use the data gleaned from the BFA after collecting statistics from the majority of the bee farmers in the UK who declared the actual prices they had sold their honey for those prices I had was from last year's honey sales, I suspect there will be a drop in the heather price at least this year seeing we ended up with a bit of a glut (speaking to a Yorkshire based large scale bee farmer yesterday and they couldn't believe the crop they've had this season either!)

I'd rather use the data gleaned from the BFA after collecting statistics from the majority of the bee farmers in the UK who declared the actual prices they had sold their honey for those prices I had was from last year's honey sales, I suspect there will be a drop in the heather price at least this year seeing we ended up with a bit of a glut (speaking to a Yorkshire based large scale bee farmer yesterday and they couldn't believe the crop they've had this season either!)
No ... it doesn't ...but one beefarmer in Shropshire seems to do much better than the going rate ? I wonder what the difference is ... I get around £7.50 a pound jarred in 12oz which seems top end gate sales retail in my location.

I get around £7.50 a pound jarred in 12oz which seems top end gate sales retail in my location.
it's about the same everywhere:
National average for 2021 season £ per lb:
Retail Wholesale Bulk(buckets) Bulk(barrel) comb retail comb bulk
Non Heather 7.88 5.79 3.78 3.33 11.65 7.95
Heather 9.69 7.33 5.25 4.25 14.27 11.54​

Last edited:
no - going rate for 30lb buckets is about £3.50 - £4.00 for blossom honey £4.50 - £5.50 for heather

it's about the same everywhere:
National average for 2021 season £ per lb:
Retail Wholesale Bulk(buckets) Bulk(barrel) comb retail comb bulk
Non |Heather 7.88 5.79 3.78 3.33 11.65 7.95
Heather 9.69 7.33 5.25 4.25 14.27 11.54
Would be great if the survey results could include volume of sales when they give a price range. ie if 95% of bulk blossom honey was sold at £3.50 with 5% at £4 for example.

I don’t plan to sell bulk £10 / £11 a lb jarred for summer/ spring runny honey whole sale is good enough

He means & 10/11 jarred

Seller currently on BFA website - spring £3, summer £3.50 per lb in buckets.
Nearly every call I'm taking is folk trying to sell to me. Seems the country is awash with honey.
Personally, bulk and internet sales have dropped off a cliff. Shop sales have reduced significantly while market sales have, so far, remained steady.
Already had a couple of outlets not pay their bills this year and I don't think the pain has even started yet. Because of this I only deal in cash up front now.
I've decided to drastically reduce hive numbers back to hobby level via natural losses and colony sales.
My overheads are so low I could compete on price with the 3 beefarmers that currently dominate sales in my area but judging by the amount of dusty jars and granulated contents I see on my travels I strongly suspect the market is very much saturated.
To be honest, given the quality of the product and the effort required to produce it I instinctively resent entering into a race to the bottom! Having to compete with wholesale prices of sub £4 for 1lb labelled jars seems a bit pointless when I can go back to pressure washing driveways for way more money! 🤣

I asked for and got £4.20 for 30lb buckets last year when someone local had little honey, they grumbled a bit but I said it was a take it or leave it offer.

Whereabouts are you?
Sussex\surrey border. Like to use good qualtiy honey. Sell fish bait as a premium product, people at the moment happy to pay for it.

Latest posts

Back