• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Honey For Sale Honey for Sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckwyns

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Quite a few, wife says too many!!
Bulk honey for sale in Essex, filtered in 30lb food grade buckets. Collection only £100 each or bulk price is negotiable. Please message.

If you think that’s cheap maybe you should send a quick PM to snap up the bargain before someone else does
I’m ok with the honey supply I have in store even if it does take me 3 years to sell it in jars at a good price .
If I had 200 /500 buckets I would never sell it for that price , just my opinion it’s worth more than that!

Honey is worth what the market will pay for it and in bulk £3.50 a lb is around the going rate for standard spring/ summer honey in buckets and barrels. Plenty of commercial beekeepers operate thier business on bulk sales at that price, dealing in large volumes it is not always possible to shift it in jars at the local outlets for a premium and there is a cost ( financial and time) to process, pack and retail honey. Sitting on a 3 year stock pile of honey waiting for a good price does not do much for cash flow either.
So i don't think the OP is cheap or warrants a crying emoji. Just someone selling at a good price and a good deal for someone who has the retail outlets and resources to pack it.

It's all about supply and demand

Due to the large honey packers largely not buying British honey, alot of larger enterprises are sitting on honey from 1,2 or even 3 years ago. This means there are deals to be had because even though 'honey doesn't go off' it can and does degrade over time, HMF increases, and this can affect the quality, and therefore the price.

A couple of years ago I bought bulk honey for £2.80/lb which increased to £3.30/lb but has since fallen to £2.20/lb and even cheaper in some instances.

I do buy in additional honey particularly types I don't produce myself for my end customers (dark buckwheat for example or borage). However, the price of honey along with 100%+ increases in jars and sugar set to hit £1000/tonne next year means something has to give and if there is an excess of honey on the bulk market then the price per lb will ease.

Honey is worth what the market will pay for it and in bulk £3.50 a lb is around the going rate for standard spring/ summer honey in buckets and barrels. Plenty of commercial beekeepers operate thier business on bulk sales at that price, dealing in large volumes it is not always possible to shift it in jars at the local outlets for a premium and there is a cost ( financial and time) to process, pack and retail honey. Sitting on a 3 year stock pile of honey waiting for a good price does not do much for cash flow either.
So i don't think the OP is cheap or warrants a crying emoji. Just someone selling at a good price and a good deal for someone who has the retail outlets and resources to pack it.
But the bulk of Curly's honey belongs to his employers who seem to be so rich that cash flow is not a problem .. they can afford to sit on a lake of honey. Most beefarmers need the cash from the crop to stay financially viable. Horses for courses.

The market will always dictate the price - you either accept the price that is the going rate or hang on in the hope it improves (or not) and don't sell it.

about half actually, and I’m selling 8oz of heather or honey dew @ £10
Spring ,summer honey @£6.50 - £7.50 per 8 oz .
Tch honey £7.50 per £12 oz .
Cc 160g - 227g £7.50 - £12.50
Nowt to do with having to much money at all premium products sold at a premium price.

about half actually, and I’m selling 8oz of heather or honey dew @ £10
Spring ,summer honey @£6.50 - £7.50 per 8 oz .
Tch honey £7.50 per £12 oz .
Cc 160g - 227g £7.50 - £12.50
Nowt to do with having to much money at all premium products sold at a premium price.
Work out how long it takes to jar it up ... the cost of jars, labels, delivery .... and the time the money from the sale is in your account (or in some cases costing interest on overdrafts) .. then do your sums again. You might find that £3.50 /lb in 30lb tubs with a single delivery point looks quite an attractive proposition if you are sitting on a lake of honey. I would agree - for a hobbyist who does not need to live on the profits, does not really cost the time in then jar by jar sales at a premium make sense. For a proper beefarmer ...not sure that it makes good economic sense, more so if you have stocks waiting for three years to be sold.

Work out how long it takes to jar it up ... the cost of jars, labels, delivery .... and the time the money from the sale is in your account (or in some cases costing interest on overdrafts) .. then do your sums again. You might find that £3.50 /lb in 30lb tubs with a single delivery point looks quite an attractive proposition if you are sitting on a lake of honey. I would agree - for a hobbyist who does not need to live on the profits, does not really cost the time in then jar by jar sales at a premium make sense. For a proper beefarmer ...not sure that it makes good economic sense, more so if you have stocks waiting for three years to be sold.
I have done the maths , I wouldn’t say I’m sat on a lake of honey more like a pond .
I don’t know anyone who is getting £20 a lb for honey in jars .
Also our jars were a really good price bought in bulk from America and a lot cheaper than uk suppliers but we had to buy 6000 jars.

As to being a bf in three years I’ve tripled our colony numbers increased honey sales and have started selling nucs and queens in 2023
2023 I’ve sold 24 nucs and kept all the queens except three which have gone to a very local beek as virgin queens.
Next season I want to have 75 nucs for sale and rear 150 queens .

Nuc prices 6 frame £275 with poly box
12 frame £ 360 with poly box’s

I do sell just the frames of bees at a reduced rate .

Also our jars were a really good price bought in bulk from America and a lot cheaper than uk suppliers but we had to buy 6000 jars.
Did you get a problem with jar size buying in from the USA... Being as how US ounces are different to Imperial ounces and their jar sizes are different ? I see your jars are marked up in gms as per standard UK sizes but they look well filled.

Attachments

• CGF Honey.jpg
    CGF Honey.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 2
Did you get a problem with jar size buying in from the USA... Being as how US ounces are different to Imperial ounces and their jar sizes are different ? I see your jars are marked up in gms as per standard UK sizes but they look well filled.
I don’t appreciate you putting these on here from my fb page philip .
They are 8 oz jars but a different shape they are perfect for chunk and you can get more like 300g of honey in them .
Strong glasses by all accounts.
You following me on fb?

I don’t appreciate you putting these on here from my fb page philip .
They are 8 oz jars but a different shape they are perfect for chunk and you can get more like 300g of honey in them .
Strong glasses by all accounts.
You following me on fb?
Facebook is public domain .. if you don't want it spread then you really should not publish it ...Still not sure how you reconcile 8oz USA jars with 8oz Imperial - so you are overselling 8oz and labelling it 'something over 300gms' ? I just wondered how you could make it work.

MInd you, with your Employers green credentials I'm a bit surprised that they would countenance transporting 6000 glass jars halfway across the world ... that's a lot of transport miles they have to amortise to become carbon neutral ?

BTW - My back garden honey sells at retail in a local boutiquey, antiquey type arcade at £7.95 for 340gm and I get a fiver a jar wholesale - I reckon you could do a bit better than £7.50 with your premium product.

Last edited:
Facebook is public domain .. if you don't want it spread then you really should not publish it ...Still not sure how you reconcile 8oz USA jars with 8oz Imperial - so you are overselling 8oz and labelling it 'something over 300gms' ? I just wondered how you could make it work.

MInd you, with your Employers green credentials I'm a bit surprised that they would countenance transporting 6000 glass jars halfway across the world ... that's a lot of transport miles they have to amortise to become carbon neutral ?

BTW - My back garden honey sells at retail in a local boutiquey, antiquey type arcade at £7.95 for 340gm and I get a fiver a jar wholesale - I reckon you could do a bit better than £7.50 with your premium product.
Wow!! I don’t need any extra advertisement thanks .
You have to much time on your hands my friend
Also my wholesale prices are £6.50 - £7 for 12 oz
£5? To cheap my friend

Last edited:
Back