Black bees survivors !

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now tell me if these black bees in the church have lived for 60 odd years will they be pure or mongrels or like animals and birds inbreeding brings out all Mainer of traits mostly unwanted are bees the same or can you breed from queen to daughter to daughter and so on will they after 60 years be the same as the first colony

now tell me if these black bees in the church have lived for 60 odd years will they be pure or mongrels or like animals and birds inbreeding brings out all Mainer of traits mostly unwanted are bees the same or can you breed from queen to daughter to daughter and so on will they after 60 years be the same as the first colony

Google the legend of fountains abey bees, these mythical beasts were reputed to have remained super pure through all eternity even as a small breeding population.

i used to breed budgerigars and had to cross my birds to keep as i wanted traits
do you have to bring in amm queen to keep pure or will they keep pure by them selves

i used to breed budgerigars and had to cross my birds to keep as i wanted traits
do you have to bring in amm queen to keep pure or will they keep pure by them selves

The more discerning amm virgins will only allow pure genitalia to explode inside them keeping the master race pure somehow circumventing normal genetic rules of inbreeding suppression.

The more discerning amm virgins will only allow pure genitalia to explode inside them keeping the master race pure somehow circumventing normal genetic rules of inbreeding suppression.

And there's me thinking it was because the drone congregations and queens were able to cope with local climatic conditions that prevail in some parts, the environment being unsuitable for cross bred mongrel and pure continental strains that like crisp montain conditions, fimbos or sun!... and altitude etc etc
not forgetting II intervention

however I like the idea that Amm virgins are somehow a tad fussy wot they mates wiv!:icon_204-2:

Latest posts

Back