Best catch-up plan re QX and supers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The point that is being missed here is by not feeding one is taking the risk that the colony does not have enough stores so hefting is strongly advisable.

I hope it was clear from my posts, that it is at least a full super that we leave. ;)

Further, it was by listening to what the big guys do that I learned many a trick. So dinna moan, listen and learn. Discard if you want but listen.

PH

Not moaning, just a bit disappointed.
Without any question of a doubt, the majority of the advice from the "big guys" is excellent.
It's just their insistence that their way is the only way and everything else is rubbish.
As in the post up from this! ;) :D

|There's advice, poor advice and then there's pure drivel - doesn't matter what level of beekeeping they are, drivel is still drivel and should be called out
Then please, by all means call it out!
I'm not against you feeding your bees, why be against me leaving mine their honey?
And, just to make it clear, I do feed when I need to.
We've a colony this year, from which we took no honey, that was light and has been fed.

No amount of tantrums can change that
? :D

Hopefully! :D
But what had left me wondering was the way you had written:
Wonder?
That’s my advice and the advice of a few others. In what fashion would you have me write it?
And the quote was for everybody to lighten the mood.

Last edited:
They are your bees so you can do as you wish.

Being commercially minded myself I would not be leaving honey on. I want that on the shop shelf thanks.

Each to their own but please keep in mind what I said about isolation starvation, it's a real danger.

PH

Back