Bees on the beeb

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpearce4

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
a few more than last year but still not enough
tonights how we won the war on BBC2 had about 5mins about beekeeping in the second world war. its about 10mins into the program.

bits about green sugar and stuff due to black markets. quite interesting.

Interesting - saw the programme - watching the beekeeper without protection or gloves 'scoring' his super frame with the honey on was interesting. Not sure I'd try it!

Interesting - saw the programme - watching the beekeeper without protection or gloves 'scoring' his super frame with the honey on was interesting. Not sure I'd try it!

Maybe they'd done the old trick of moving hive before filming so foragers go back to a nuc at original site leaving only nurse bees, less stingers as he handled them

Thanks alldigging, missed that last night, just watched it now. Maybe that should've been shown in France before the M&M honey fiasco:.)
Green on stock feed carrots etc doesn't have the same effect luckily, never seen a green goat, rabbit or horses and we had all 3:.) (Goats for milk and meat, rabbits for meat and horses for fun:.))

Maybe that should've been shown in France before the M&M honey fiasco:.)

I have read/heard a story about the Uncle Joe's mintball factory causing minty honey ... Can't remember where though.

Latest posts

Back