Beekeeping forum split?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sutty :
One thing that might be useful would be for the poster's location to be displayed on the banner on each post.

I asked Admin the very same thing recently...
k ;)
I agree, this would really make sense

Blowing a hooley here all morning so put off inspecting my two orchard colonies thus far not opened up, cloud has kept the sun out and temps feeling very cool . Only just now has the sun broken thru the clouds and it is feeling warmer.
These two will wait till in the week sometime.

Sutty :
One thing that might be useful would be for the poster's location to be displayed on the banner on each post.

I asked Admin the very same thing recently...
k ;)
The members location is displayed in all their posts - if they add it to their profile. We do ask members to add in their location as then advice given or received makes more sense - not everyone complies but we have no way (as Mods) of knowing the members location unless they provide it.

If we did have Forum a split would it be North or South of the Watford Gap, everyone in the Midlands are called Northerners etc. 😃

Here on the Isle of Wight it’s been the wettest I have known it. Briefly cold before new year but other than that it’s been wind and rain. Yes it’s been warm but I think that’s added to my problems to be honest. Never had a year like it!!

They don't like windy weather either. The OSR has been in full bloom more than a week but very windy so that my five strong colonies have not increased in weight over the last two weeks.
That’s not all together true about the wind, I’ve seen lots of bees using the wind to there advantage and vice a verser bees struggling against it (flying) even in the rain.

@Sutty @Vanterrier @Do224

If you are on a phone, a single tap on the poster's username means a popup appears with their profile info., which includes location if they've put it on there.

If you are on a computer, hovering the mouse over the poster's username has the same effect. (Edited to strike through)

Last edited:
@Sutty @Vanterrier @Do224

If you are on a phone, a single tap on the poster's username means a popup appears with their profile info., which includes location if they've put it on there.

If you are on a computer, hovering the mouse over the poster's username has the same effect.
Yes I was aware of that but it would be useful if it was displayed on the banner, there have been a few misunderstandings especially when UK members respond to those from abroad.

View attachment 39452
By comparison this is on an android phone
Yes ... the limitations of viewing the forum on a smart phone does not show the side pane with the posters details (including location) visible in the way it is when viewing on other devices. It is accessible but you are quite right -it needs a second click to open up the members profile. I suspect that it is the programmer's desire to keep the user experience as quick as possible within the smart phone platform - adding further script to apps inevitably has a downside. Most smart phone forum applications have some limits on what can be accessed graphically.

There is so much posting activity from members in the (usually) hot dry south this Spring, that much of the posting I scan seems not directly relevant to mild wet north members (interesting yes, but directly relevant no). What about a separate section?:)
There is nothing but danger north of the great Watford wall.
Nothing lives there apart from Dragons, giants that want to eat you and bees.

Ha! As I've said before, anything south of Scotch Corner is Europe... I've seen lots of Army in that area which I presume is Border Control and there's a Customs Post ( thinly disguised as a Service Station).
Between the Tyne and Scotch Corner is the demilitarised zone ( sometimes referred to as "Durham"
K :ROFLMAO:

Yes ... the limitations of viewing the forum on a smart phone does not show the side pane with the posters details (including location) visible in the way it is when viewing on other devices. It is accessible but you are quite right -it needs a second click to open up the members profile. I suspect that it is the programmer's desire to keep the user experience as quick as possible within the smart phone platform - adding further script to apps inevitably has a downside. Most smart phone forum applications have some limits on what can be accessed graphically.
I recently asked Admin to see it it was possible to display the location in the banner of a post. I didn't realise it already showed when accessing the forum by computer... like many, I suspect, I only access by smartphone (Android).
It's a small irritation having to check a contributors location to make sense of their post so often via the additional clicks.
Admin said they would look into it...
K ;)

I think us "northerners" should join forces with Scotland and declare independence (particularly from London) - the only question is where the border should be. Crewe, Leicester, Birmingham?

Back