Any scouts at your swarm trap?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing today scoutwise in Solihull although a swarm has been reported to the local branch in search of a collector.

Nothing today scoutwise in Solihull although a swarm has been reported to the local branch in search of a collector.
The local B & Q garden centre was partially closed off yesterday as a large swarm had landed there ... there was a notice up about it .. I asked whether someone was dealing with it and was told 'it's all in hand' - hopefully one of our association swarm collectors is on the case ? Haven't heard anything about it ..

Two weeks ago I checked my hives. Zero sign of swarming. I marked the queens and then (heaven forfend!) spent a weekend with some friends. Inspection two days ago and one hive had swarmed. Grr. The good news is I have now got rid of the nasty queen in another hive and can breed a new queen and put qc into a nuc to replace the hive I lost over winter. Sounds like chaos? It felt like it. But I’m looking on the positive side of new young queens from a nice hive and third hive back up and running. If. If. If all goes to plan! Plus they are about as local as they could be being about 1m apart. Now fingers crossed. 🤞

A few scouts were sniffing around the entrance to my home bait hive this afternoon. They're all well tucked up now though -- we just had a hefty thunderstorm go over. I wonder if it's the hive I have with a supersedure cell that's thinking of swarming...

James

A few scouts were sniffing around the entrance to my home bait hive this afternoon. They're all well tucked up now though -- we just had a hefty thunderstorm go over. I wonder if it's the hive I have with a supersedure cell that's thinking of swarming...

James
The forecast later in the week looks good over there. London in particular. 23 degrees for four days in a row is good.

Latest posts

Back