A Deep Thought...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bee-Key-Pur

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
1+
I have a question for the veggies and vegans types of the world..

For your heating, do you burn, oil, gas, some kind of coal, electricity from oil or coal burning power stations, and how do you feel about that?

Because, we all go back into the cycle of life and death on this earth, even if it takes a few thousands of years. So would'nt there be a few animals, insects, birds or mammals in that mix of things, that rotted down thousands of years ago and we are now using to heat our homes?
Do you have a problem with that?

Last edited:
It hadn't entered my mind that there could be dead animals in my oil. If I was concerned about that I wouldn't be able to get out of bed for fear of treading on something! And what about all the insects I squash on the front of my car, and all those DLQ that I had to kill this year.
Oh we use wood for heating and have solar Pv, solar thermal and buy our electricity from ecotricity.

For your heating, do you burn, oil, gas, some kind of coal, electricity from oil or coal burning power stations, and how do you feel about that?

Because, we all go back into the cycle of life and death on this earth, even if it takes a few thousands of years. So would'nt there be a few animals, insects, birds or mammals in that mix of things, that rotted down thousands of years ago and we are now using to heat our homes?
Do you have a problem with that?

They're already dead.
They weren't killed to make heating for people.

I think a clear distinction should be made between vegetarians and vegans. The first don't eat meat. The second don't eat meat or have anything to do with animal based products. If veggies want to take a stance against factory farming and not eat meat as a consequence I can see their point.

Veganism however, as I've said elsewhere on the forum, is in my opinion a ridiculous way to view the world conjured up by an urban elite. The only true way to be a vegan would be to live in a cave dressed in woven nettles and eating wild roots and berries. Because I can guarantee that an animal has been harmed along the way in the creation of just about everything else.

They're already dead.
They weren't killed to make heating for people.

Yes, but you are still exploiting their earthly remains - desecrating their final resting place

The only true way to be a vegan would be to live in a cave dressed in woven nettles and eating wild roots and berries. Because I can guarantee that an animal has been harmed along the way in the creation of just about everything else.

BUT by wearing nettles and eating wild berries etc, you are depriving some poor animal of it's natural fodder

Yes, but you are still exploiting their earthly remains - desecrating their final resting place

Let's get a little bit of perpsective into this thread.

There is little difference between oil - animals that died naturally(?) eons ago and have been transformed into oil with mainly only hydrocarbons present - and all the rest of the carbon dioxide that gets recycled on a more regular basis! Or the water for that matter!

Indeed, large amounts of everything has been recycled by the Earth during those 3 1/2 billion years that life on Earth has existed permanently. All our limestone rocks were once part of living organisms, it being just been locked up as calcium carbonate for a few hundred million years and with a few larger fossils included

So this discussion is, frankly mis-guided. I'm one of the majority - an omnivore, so have no 'defensive' intentions here. Just pointing out the shortage of deep thinking.

So this discussion is, frankly mis-guided. I'm one of the majority - an omnivore, so have no 'defensive' intentions here. Just pointing out the shortage of deep thinking.

:rolleyes:

It's called having a bit of a joke -being facetious if you like.

But what it boils down to is this veganism mullarkey IMHO is a pile of spheroids :D

My horses are supposed to be vegetarian, yet they readily eat Polo mints; so they're basically hippo-crites...

:biggrinjester:

(I suppose they're aspiring Polo ponies)

My horses are supposed to be vegetarian, yet they readily eat Polo mints; so they're basically hippo-crites...

:biggrinjester:

(I suppose they're aspiring Polo ponies)

You'd think they'd have learned how to say nay when you offer them mints.

Or perhaps they do say that, but are too polite to turn the offer away.

Dusty

Once saw a documentary of chimpanzees stalking,slaying and subsequently devouring monkeys !
These primates were supposed to be vegetarian ! Often their great strength was indeed put down to their superior vegetable diet.
Turns out that a meat imput is required on occasion to make up for deficiencies of an entirely vegetable diet!
VM

You'd think they'd have learned how to say nay when you offer them mints.

Or perhaps they do say that, but are too polite to turn the offer away.

Dusty

They're just too refined to say burger off (we really need a drum roll and cymbal smilie on this forum, or at least a comedy trombone :D)

Last edited:
This forums getting worse, but we mustang around in case it gets better.

Beware the vengeful veggie :hairpull::iamwithstupid:
Just been reading an article about a branding with the number 269 of volunteers in public to illustrate the strength of their feelings to farmed animals .these latter day martyrs are to be singed in London and various capital cities around the globe!
Now this is sinister? How soon before non volunteers are subjected to this when the initial publicity stunt fails ?
Always makes me wonder how frail the human psyche is !
V m

Just been reading an article about a branding with the number 269 of volunteers in public to illustrate the strength of their feelings to farmed animals .

Hmm while they're at it I could pop up and nip their knackers for them (that'll stop them multiplying), could even nick in a ear mark if they want :biggrinjester:

I guess that rules out "talking about it", in the bedroom steaks (stakes) too?

It's a coin flip I suspect, Heads or tails, I'll toss you for it. :) :nono:

I've met many vegan and vege types. They sit in a circle putting the world to rights worrying their life away about animals while smoking a joint. Seems they don;t care too much about the many people that come to harm by drug traffic. It's just a clique they belong to. We all need to be passionate about something however pointless it is. We're all hypocrites in one way or another

I let people live their lives as they want . As long as they do no harm to others I let them be.

I do , however, draw exception to those who harass, bully and spout incessantly for their chosen cause and call those who are not "for them" as anti them.

Reminds me of the Crusaders"Convert to Christianity or die".. (Substitute another religion of your choice.... but at least modern Christians will not declare jihad on me)

So I refuse in principle to mock vegans. Let them be.

So I refuse in principle to mock vegans. Let them be.

I go further and gladly accept dinner invitations from my vegan friends as they're usually innovative cooks in order to get enough protein in their diets, I've even turned my hand at vegan cooking for the return invitation, I think they were more impressed by the copious quantities of wine than the dubiously successful stuffed marrow though ! Not a joint to share on any of the occasions with these particular vegans (unfortunately !).

Back