Welsh Queen Cells Leaflet -- Essential Reading

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itma

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
There is an excellent, but quite short leaflet published by the Welsh Assembly for the benefit of newcomers to beekeeping.

The title is self explanatory "There are Queen Cells in my hive, what should I do?"

If you haven't already done so, download it and study it ASAP.
Before you need to!

The WBKA site has been reorganised, so old links may not work nowadays.
Current link is http://www.wbka.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/There-Are-Queen-Cells-In-My-Hive-WBKA-WAG.pdf

There are more useful downloads on their "information Station" page, but the QC leaflet is probably the most topical.
http://www.wbka.com/information-station/

There is an excellent, but quite short leaflet published by the Welsh Assembly

Welsh government now please! do keep up.
SWMBO was involved in the initial organising of these - and finding the funding as she is always at pains to tell me

The 'Comb Management' booklet of the same series is also a useful one for beginners. It helps to demystify some of the spacing & frame type issues.

Do doubt it was written in the Queens English, but if you click on the welsh flag on top of the home page you get the Welsh version and visa versa

:bump:

As per a current thread in the main forum, repeatedly knocking down QCs is no way to prevent swarming!

Bump again.

About time there was a 'sticky' link to this resource ...

It's good, but imho would be so much better if it had a clear description of a Pagden AS added, telling the reader to go and do further reading before acting kind of defeats the object of a pocket guide.

I believe that Wally is intending to rewrite it (or already doing so) though he is a Snelgrove II fan which he describes in detail in his 'Apiary guide to swarm control' booklet.

Latest posts

Back