What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dusty; if you need another pair of hands sometime: I'm happy to help out (free outside of office hours generally). I live in Withington.

I take it that banana means Clamps and strong timber to unwarp? Cedar is too posh£ for me, gallons of thick paint and plywood does the trick(so far anyway) I repainted my Nuc's after harvesting a couple of ounces of propolis or bee bogeys according to my son, refixed my jaw after witnessing a swarm that would brim fill a washing up bowl go into a five frame Nuc leaving two or three outside, reminded me of the Dr Who Tardis.

Same here.
The hive stand under my monster cedar hive was bouncing at last inspection so made some running repairs.....three breeze blocks to prop it up!

down to emergency supers, they look scruffy but they do the job. built another 15 frames with fresh foundation.

Finished off the roof of a warre hive.
Just need to scorch it and it is ready for some tenants

Tried my new biscuit joiner to join boards for a 14x12 broad box, a lot quicker than joining lots of tounge and groove boards

Playing around with load cells out of a set of bathroom scales to see if they have enough resolution.

And it looks a marginal to measure any change less than 100 g. This gets down to measuring few micro volts.

Looks like I will have to look elsewhere for load cells

trying to fix a bmw head that someone has done their best to destroy and then trying to weld the front cover where they broke it with a crow bar..

My shed was delivered and erected this morning, it has a nice area partitioned for my honey room. Can't wait to start decking it out.

Latest posts

Back