What did you do in the Apiary today?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checked mine this morning and put more syrup on one hive .All hives still really active so no mouse guards yet.

two ibuprofen and half a tin of deep heat on my back, managed to get out to finely cut hive wrap and get it on, proper cold today so glad got around to it.
quick rake out of empty fondant wrappings and slid on a few Kg more for them

+8c tomorrow and wind direction changing by Thursday which brings rain and double figure temperatures

Nothing much....nursing the usual late autumn bout of severe deathly Girl Flu.
That'll teach me to go to the National Honey show and touch too many folk's hands!!!!!!

Finally turned a bit cooler, so a good time to go round and remove all the insulation and insert matchsticks under the corners of the crown boards, this will allow the bees to chill out, toughen up, and create a few months of dormancy so that they germinate strongly during late winter/ early spring.
It also weeds out any weak colonies.

Finally turned a bit cooler, so a good time to go round and remove all the insulation and insert matchsticks under the corners of the crown boards, this will allow the bees to chill out, toughen up, and create a few months of dormancy so that they germinate strongly during late winter/ early spring.

What a great way of ensuring you get a brood break too!

Removed all the home feeders then gave the new veheecle it's first test up to the Carreg apiary, strapped up the Carreg hives and chained the gates - that's them left alone until the new year.
Found a few hibernating queen wasps under hive roofs - I foolishly hadn't put the hoover in the truck so left them alone to get on with it

Mouse guard onto hive I hadn't yet done. Moved Nuc up into better position as no bees flying today and last couple of days. Thought about cutting grass around and under hive stand and then it started to rain...

You are very naughty .....

Nothing much....nursing the usual late autumn bout of severe deathly Girl Flu.
That'll teach me to go to the National Honey show and touch too many folk's hands!!!!!!

There's a lot of it about ... SWMBO passed it on to me - autumn work at the allotment kept me working through it all weekend but feeling really ropey this evening - OD'd on Lemsip Max Strength and Benelyn .... washed down with a drop of pussers rum - If I survive the night I should be cured tomorrow ....

There's a lot of it about ... SWMBO passed it on to me - autumn work at the allotment kept me working through it all weekend but feeling really ropey this evening - OD'd on Lemsip Max Strength and Benelyn .... washed down with a drop of pussers rum - If I survive the night I should be cured tomorrow ....

It's a well-known fact that Man Flu is worse than Girl Flu.

I hear the Man Flu virus was engineered by a group of feminist virologists to demonstrate to men the pain and discomfort that women go through in childbirth.

CVB

Back