Worst scaremongering article this year?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a one word reply to the above and it is not polite

''Bollox'' isthe word you are thinking?

I like the second sentence of your 'signature' and agree entirely. I am inclined to think it is mosf often the third option (unless, of course, if they are unable to think .... in which case the options are limited to the other two).

"You might think that but I could not possibly comment" seems the best reply I can think of...:serenade:

These are the people paying your pensions, you really are a generation of foul mouthed, selfish.......................................................................
Time will fill in the blanks.

All this is actually a great free lesson for any business studies student. They will learn more about marketing and running a business from all this criticism than they've probably learned during the last two years of their course. They will be the wiser for it.

If they were on the Apprentice Sir Alan Sugar would have ripped them to shreads in front of millions for this marketing and public relations disaster!

I don't think this was ever intented to be a real business. I suspect that as part of their course they had to develop a small business idea.
Then talking to the folks back home they came up with this. To a University tutor, who knows nothing about beekeeping, it all looks great.

But they clearly have missed the most important thing about business.
Know you market. They clearly don't have much of a scooby about beekeeping in the UK.

I don't think this was ever intented to be a real business. I suspect that as part of their course they had to develop a small business idea.
Then talking to the folks ... who knows nothing about beekeeping, it all looks great.

Know you market. They clearly don't have much of a scooby about beekeeping in the UK.

I think that the most important thing on market is competition. The businesss area is more or less saturated. Guys who has no experience about beekeeping, are going to compete with professional beekeepers like Honey Paradise and Honey Paw of Finland. Boath Companies has over 1000 hives and long time experience. And there are many others on British beekeeping markets.

And another the Basic is, that there are are lots of local competitors on nuc selling area and hive selling area.
British professional beekeepers deliver beekeeping stuff on their home country.

Yes Finman.
What your saying is Know your market. The Market is very competitive.

Then talking to the folks back home they came up with this. To a University tutor, who knows nothing about beekeeping, it all looks great.

Not much of a scooby about business either.

I just received this email...

John Ramsdin <[email protected]>
1:40 PM (2 hours ago)

to me
Dear Mike,

Various discrepancies in the story concerning the bees have been brought to my attention and as such the story is now being removed from the University’s website.
John Ramsdin
PR Manager, University of Huddersfield
07931 172433 - 01484 472693 - [email protected]
University of Huddersfield inspiring tomorrow's professionals.

The article is still there. Not only that, but if you post a comment they remove it PDQ! Take a look - it says 'be the first to comment' - I suggest emailing John Ramsdin and ask him why he's censoring free speech. I will.

I have done just that and commented on the site to say I had received an email to say it was being removed but all that was removed were our previous comments.

The article is there and so are some comments...

From the actual website of these 2 keen young beekeepers, as opposed to third party distortions and misunderstanding:

"My goal is not a promoting Polish or British products or methods, my goal is to compare them and choose the best solution".

I like that attitude.

their we go .............we have just witnessed the destruction of small business in this country, by the 'well off' 'in place' producers of honey, that don't want competition.
This country needs any entrepreneurs it can get. Even these poor brave souls.
We are leaving a debt to our young, that I don't think elderly people can get their heads around.
It will become apparent to them shortly, though.

Surely you are off your trolley. Grammar poor too!!!.

From my reading it's the university web article that's been removed not the newspaper one.

I have done just that and commented on the site to say I had received an email to say it was being removed but all that was removed were our previous comments.

What I would like to see from the Uni is that the so-called students of our apiculture, who are possibly being partially funded by us via the EU etc, have had their funding for this crap science and commercial enterprise removed. Any chance .................... nah!!! Not bloody likely.

From my reading it's the university web article that's been removed not the newspaper one.

Still there when I looked this am.

I posted my letter on it saying it would be removed! :nono:

That must be a course as a basis for coming here to university.

Back