Windows XP

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked on what makes my PC tick..

AMD Sempron 3400+ 1.8 Ghz

768 MB ram.

:willy_nilly:

Unreal how technology has advanced, my phone is more powerful lol. As with an above comment Windows 8 baffled me when I first booted it up. What a load of ...., I think Windows 7 is the best replacement for XP, Vista was a joke and Windows 8 is the new Vista.

Just to annoy you -
Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.30GHz (Quad Core HT Technology)
16GB RAM
Geforce GT Graphics 2GB

This is a laptop too :/

Well worth the investment for the amount of stuff I do, and runs some good games ;)

Last edited:
Just to annoy you -
Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.30GHz (Quad Core HT Technology)
16GB RAM
Geforce GT Graphics 2GB

Not against anybody having what they can afford or want, but it would be a waste of money for me because it wouldnt do any more than what mine already does anyway. It would no doubt download some video files quicker but when I do download any I dont have a need for them to download faster than they already do.

No need for super graphics as I dont use it for games but it plays DVDs perfectly although not much need for that anyway because I only have to turn my head to see my TV/DVD across the other side of the room.
The only programme that could sometimes do with being a few seconds quicker is Paint Shop Pro 7, but that depends on what else I am doing or have been doing and a re-boot mostly sorts it out anyway.
The only thing I want to change is the PSU. The fan gets to you after a while.

My netbook is more powerfull (?) than my desktop but it doesnt work as good.

I thought it was just me who hated Windows 8, got a laptop and had no option but to use Windows 8 as it was the only operating system available! It is obviously meant for touch screen units, and it is so annoying when using the mouse and you 'hover' over anything and Windows opens it automatically!!

I thought it was just me who hated Windows 8, got a laptop and had no option but to use Windows 8 as it was the only operating system available! It is obviously meant for touch screen units, and it is so annoying when using the mouse and you 'hover' over anything and Windows opens it automatically!!

That's MS trying to force you into a tablet market, its stupid. Destroys the multitasking function of windows entirely. The amount of people that come to me to have their Windows 8 downgraded to 7 is unreal.

I upgraded from XP to 7 Pro early 2013 after looking at W8. At the time there were virtually no touchscreen laptops...It was obvious from the reviews W8 was going to be pants..

No wish for W8..

Anyone still running XP or unpatched browsers really should upgrade. The browsers do have bugs and vulnerabilities in them which many folk are continually ready to exploit. Quite likely you wouldn't even know if your machine had been recruited into a botnet used by serious criminals.

There're personal security issues as well as social issues here - not unlike beekeeping!

I have win 8 on my PC and use a tablet style mouse. It works brilliantly and allows me to open many features the older operating systems couldn't. I also had win8 on a laptop with no touch screen and found it a pain in the arse and now use win7. It really depends what you need to do and as with most things it cant suit every situation
I also have an old laptop that I use to run some automated recognition software and nothing else and use XP which works fine.
I have also tried many versions of Linux and found them too clunky and unable to cope with the programs I use, so disgarded it.
S

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm open to offers for the Win 98 CD I came across the other day.

If you get an offer I have some DOS floppies and win3.1 that I would be willing to part with for a price :)
S

When you consider how many people who are running the latest version of whatever operating system and the upgraded version of their browser and the best anti virus software plus a super duper firewall,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and still get hacked and interfered with and have their identity and credit card and bank details stolen...........I'm not going to worry too much just because XP support, which has never supported me anyway, is going to end.

There's no protection good enough to protect the idiot when somebody phones them up "from Microsoft" and tells them there is a problem with their computer firewall and can they just click on run and then enter ******

I bet there is an awfull lot of people's tablets and smart phones that you can pick up and use ebay and paypal and email without having to use a password.

If you get an offer I have some DOS floppies and win3.1 that I would be willing to part with for a price :)
S

I've got the same somewhere....

Back