What's flowering as forage in your area

• Thread starter Curly green fingers
  • Start date
Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Trevatt lost a branch with the weight of the fruit on it this year. The pademelons love the leaves and stripped it bare once they could reach it.
This is part of the branch about two months ago and now in the drought after the pademelons have had a feed on it.
I was unaware of pademelons, so my education continues! Kangaroos with an awwww factor.

Other than the snowdrops and the crocus, nothing of note cracking off in my corner of Leicestershire yet ... though (to continue the previous chat on Blackthorn) the prunus spinosa is about ready to burst. Also spotted some nice pink flowers on the other side of the hedge, near my hives. Viburnum, I think??

1000005548.jpg

1000005547.jpg

Other than the snowdrops and the crocus, nothing of note cracking off in my corner of Leicestershire yet ... though (to continue the previous chat on Blackthorn) the prunus spinosa is about ready to burst. Also spotted some nice pink flowers on the other side of the hedge, near my hives. Viburnum, I think??

View attachment 39044

View attachment 39045
The bottom photo looks more like a Daphne rather than Viburnum.

Our cotoneaster would normally be stripped of berries by now but this year has been so mild the fieldfares and redwings have left them alone. The pigeons have had the top ones.View attachment 39047
That’s a well manicured standard 🙂

This Spring in Norfolk seems very much like the last. A bit too early with lots of blossom going to waste in the cold and now rainy weather!

Our cotoneaster would normally be stripped of berries by now but this year has been so mild the fieldfares and redwings have left them alone. The pigeons have had the top ones.View attachment 39047
It's got so dry here the cotoneasters are badly wilting. I mean, they are just so tough, nothing much can kill them so I'm waiting to see if it will eventually get dry enough for long enough to do them in.

View attachment 39044

View attachment 39045
Viburnum bodnantiensis. There's one in my apiary (a disused plant nursery). Starts blooming before Christmas and starting to fade now. Nice scent, attracts bees on a warm day. I planted a juvenile one in my garden last year = two blooms so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0792.jpeg
    IMG_0792.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0799.jpeg
    IMG_0799.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Back