What did you do in the 'workshop' today

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Built & painted a hive and knocked a few stands together with some bits of 3x2 left overs
whilst waiting for paint to dry checked fondant, girls busy in hive but not flying
still waiting for paint to dry, could be here a while.....

Looks great, I fancy some different colour ones but we are very rural and mine sit in fields here and there and I really think its better if they blend in so they dont get spotted and possibly nicked. Shame though.
Does look good :sunning:

Pete D

They are all std nationals mate, I see you run 14x12, I have already made and painted half a dozen 14 x 12s but they are all earmarked for use as soon as spring has sprung. :paparazzi:
60 Supers to make after these are finished. :hairpull:

Having said that I am always open to offers.............

Pete D

Well Pete, if you want more practice at making boxes I'll divert my T's order through you to assemble....;)

if they could be ready by end of March :thanks:

thank you for the nice comments about the hive
thought i was going to get shot down and told hives should be brown.....
never had any nice comments on a post before, feeling quite pleased !

:thanks:

Well Pete, if you want more practice at making boxes I'll divert my T's order through you to assemble....;)

if they could be ready by end of March :thanks:

Flat pack assembly.......... could be a new business venture........ except I wouldnt make any money out of it and you wouldnt get the pleasure of bees living in a box you made.
I also think it teaches you a bit more about bees when you assemble a hive.

Talking of Th0rnes my frames have arrived today :sos:

Pete D

thank you for the nice comments about the hive
thought i was going to get shot down and told hives should be brown.....
never had any nice comments on a post before, feeling quite pleased !

:thanks:

My hives are blue,pinched the idea from Turkey where most hives are blue !
I reasoned that there must be logic behind this or maybe a glut of cheap blue paint :icon_204-2:
VM

My hives are blue,pinched the idea from Turkey where most hives are blue !
I reasoned that there must be logic behind this or maybe a glut of cheap blue paint

Stolen from the air force.

Sorry Pete I can't see any fishing stuff so i'll pass on that one

Pay attention............, in the background to the left of the stack is a partly concealed landing net, a pellet pump, cut out lid of a baitbox and a few other bits. What you cant see behind the stack in the gap between the sets of cupboards is 2 rod holdalls containing all my match fishing gear, Maver Pole, my Boss seatbox and carryall. The cupboard bottom left contains fishing equipment and grounbaits, pellets etc. I usually fish matches on commercial lakes catching mostly carp, I haven't done so much the last couple of years though.......except in my pond which is well stocked :winner1st:
I sold me beach and boat stuff a few years back but retained my fly fishing stuff for when I am old !

Pete D

Yes, but postage would be a killer, pity you cant collect.
They are 50m rolls that I got for filling my pond up (join em) but it rained instead :icon_204-2:

There is also a glimpse of my KTM enduro bike which is also available :biggrinjester:

PM me if interested

Pete D

How much for the KTM Pete. I have miles of forest around me and the KTM would enable me to walk the dogs much faster, thus saving me more energy for my bees. It seems like a win win situation!

How much for the KTM Pete. I have miles of forest around me and the KTM would enable me to walk the dogs much faster, thus saving me more energy for my bees. It seems like a win win situation!

Hi Brian,
its not really a dog walking type of bike. Its a full on Enduro race bike on which I won the E1 Championship in 2012 riding with TBEC. Of course I would sell it if its what you want but its worth about 3 grand, so yours for a snip at £2800. I was going to sell it before Christmas but didnt get round to it after the last race in November. 1st race this year is February so it has to go by then or my weekends will be busy again :calmdown:
I will swap it for a couple of weeks on your boat !
Pete D

Filled the rest of the recently made broods this morning. Depending on the weather I will sand a few tomorrow on the patio.
If its wet it will be on with the supers !

Pete D

Put numbers on my nuc boxes.

Fitted foundation inside on the dining room table...too cold in the garage.:xmas-smiley-010:

Very cold working outside on the patio but managed to sand a dozen brood boxes ready for painting before my hands and feet went numb
Pete D

Very cold working outside on the patio but managed to sand a dozen brood boxes ready for painting before my hands and feet went numb
Pete D

I have this problem with my head regardless of the weather :(
VM

Made up four deep roofs before i lost all feeling in my hands, i`ll try again when it gets a bit warmer :cool:

Last night fitted the rest of the foundation into the brood frames that were assembled, ready for the nailing of the wedge and the bottom bar with the nail gun in the garage. :sifone:

Much warmer working on the dining room table when the wife is out for the evening....:leaving:

ready for the nailing of the wedge and the bottom bar with the nail gun in the garage.
not confident enough not to nail them to the table then?

I tap the nails into the bar first, then put the bar in place and squeeze the nails in with pliers.

cleared out my new bee room, roughly 8'x8' with one window and a door part of old barn, got big plans, insulate roof, nice work bench, DAB radio, organised storage for tools and bee equipment.... cant wait to to started

Latest posts

Back