Weather

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busy Bee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Today was the 1st day since mid-april my bees took to the air. Hard to believe but they flew like it was 1st flights of the year.

Maybe better honey weather to come as the girls have comsumed all the spring honey :banghead:

Busy Bee

Hi, sorry to hear that but in a way I am glad, I live in mid wales and it has rained 29 out of 31 days in May with atleast 2 very windy weeks had to feed them a few times. Hopefully we can swap some sun from Kent and give them some of our wind and rain.
Yet i see people are extracting already on the forum very depressing, are there any welsh bee keepers that ever get honey was so excited during April but by heck May was dire!

Lord I share your sentiments, I have splits not even mated in 6 weeks could be stale now its feels like spring build up all over again.

Busy Bee

Lord I share your sentiments, I have splits not even mated in 6 weeks could be stale now its feels like spring build up all over again.

Busy Bee

You mean there's still hope? Ditto - since 19th April. I have a feeling of impending doom.

You mean there's still hope? Ditto - since 19th April. I have a feeling of impending doom.

The same here with two splits, I'm looking at requeening ASAP rather than uniting.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Ditto again. At least one of my splits now appears to have drone brood - some drastic action is called for.

Latest posts

Back