Wasps

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a treat today while sitting enjoying the garden, a Hornet. I noticed something huge land a couple of yards away and then I could see the distinctive orange and brown colouration. Unfortunately it didn't settle long enough to take a photo but I was able to get a good look at it and it's a memory to cherish.

Had a treat today while sitting enjoying the garden, a Hornet. I noticed something huge land a couple of yards away and then I could see the distinctive orange and brown colouration. Unfortunately it didn't settle long enough to take a photo but I was able to get a good look at it and it's a memory to cherish.

:party:

Had a treat today while sitting enjoying the garden, a Hornet. ... it's a memory to cherish.

I saw a hornet a couple of years ago, they're absolutely beautiful creatures but my goodness they're noisy!

Yes, they do. This is only my third sighting of a Hornet and both previous occasions they were on the wing. Made all the better because this was in my garden.

Latest posts

Back