Vaping

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Can anyone remind me of the correct dose of OA when vaping or post a link? Lots of brood still present, keep reading it does no harm and to vape 3 times over 15 days, just unsure on dosage, for small, large colonies with and without supers. Thanks

2.3g
I add a little extra as I vape under OMF.
LASI went up to over 4g with no apparently harmful effects

I used 3g when under omg of double brood nationals
X 4 @ 5 day intervals.
1 4.5 yr old Queen has had at least 8 doses a year and still going strong.

The vaporizer i use is done in 2min 30 sec, imo it is wise to do a open test to see how long your chosen vaporizer actually takes, especially with all the home made and cheap ones on the market.
I watched a short video a while ago of a fellow testing two different gassers at the same time, he put the same amount of product in each one and set them away together from the same battery, one vaporizer was empty in under 3mins and the other had not even started, in the end it took over 5mins for the second vaporizer to completely empty.

My diy vaper takes just over 2 minutes to vapourise 2.5g and 2 and a half to do 3 gms. I remove it then and seal the entrance again with plastic foam for about 5-10 minutes...

What length of time do people vape for? Might do a test at home to see how long to completely evaporate

That's the only sensible way to determine that the dose has completely sublimated. My current trials with a top eke and a clear cover indicate 5 to 6 minutes.

The last time I vaped I tried without shutting the entrance blocks. Very little lost through the entrance. So now that I can do it when the bees are flying I'm happier than trying to finish before I lose the light.
I found sealing the hive up for 10 minutes is not necessary either as there is no sublimate wafting around a minute after I have switched it off and take the vaporiser out.

"Can anyone remind me of the correct dose of OA when vaping or post a link? Lots of brood still present, keep reading it does no harm and to vape 3 times over 15 days, just unsure on dosage, for small, large colonies with and without supers. Thanks"

Depends which product you are useing - oxalic dehydrate or a cocktail like api bioxal.

Last edited:
"Can anyone remind me of the correct dose of OA when vaping or post a link? Lots of brood still present, keep reading it does no harm and to vape 3 times over 15 days, just unsure on dosage, for small, large colonies with and without supers. Thanks"

Depends which product you are useing - oxalic dehydrate or a cocktail like api bioxal.

2g / colony in Varox

Yeghes da

Latest posts

Back