Time to get the camera out againAnd spread some joy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you tell me how big the flowers are. We had a tea tree but the flowers were always minute. It died last year sadly
About one and a half inches ....
This type has the largest of the flowers I have seen. The manuka is a smaller flower. I like this one as it has the lovely dark centre in the flower changing to the light pink at the edges. It's a shame you had one die as they are pretty.

Attachments

• IMG_20231105_200518586_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231105_200518586_HDR.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
About one and a half inches ....
This type has the largest of the flowers I have seen. The manuka is a smaller flower. I like this one as it has the lovely dark centre in the flower changing to the light pink at the edges. It's a shame you had one die as they are pretty.
AHH! I always thought tea tree and manuka were the same. Ours was a leptospernum. Totally confused now😁

IMG_3869.JPG
A few years back bees were getting stuck in my parents pond. I was taking them out and leaving them on this rock to dry. I noticed one of them prodding another one with it's tongue, and then drinking fluid from its mouth. A short while later it flew off.

View attachment 38021
A few years back bees were getting stuck in my parents pond. I was taking them out and leaving them on this rock to dry. I noticed one of them prodding another one with it's tongue, and then drinking fluid from its mouth. A short while later it flew off.
Refuelling

This is a view across the flooded wetlands today. The line of posts is the river bank. The river is at 8.6 meters deep and the floodplain flood-tree.jpgspills have all worked to flood the surrounding land to save all the houses. If you zoom into the oak tree that usually stands in the middle of the field you will see the small egrets roosting there as the water is too deep for them now

Times like this, I'm pleased that we live on the top of a hill. My sister has been sharing similar photos (she's in Stamford in Lincolnshire).

James

Managed to get a rough shot of a sparrow hawk on the fence post of our neighbours field. Grabbed the scope and shot on my iPhone.

It was preening itself before deciding who’s garden to go to for lunch. Probably fancied a blackbird. A rare treat.

Attachments

• IMG_4473.jpeg
    IMG_4473.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4468.jpeg
    IMG_4468.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4467.jpeg
    IMG_4467.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back