Things we don't know about bees?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nakedapiarist

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Something I was asked the other day whilst musing over the possibility of doing a talk. Getting away from the whole colony collapse issue, what are the big unanswered questions about honey bees from a science point of view?

things we dont know about bees

Something I was asked the other day whilst musing over the possibility of doing a talk. Getting away from the whole colony collapse issue, what are the big unanswered questions about honey bees from a science point of view?

DON'T KNOW CAN'T TELL YOU.:icon_204-2:

Why some hate me whilst others adore me.....

The physical properties of propolis ...
try looking up its thermal conductivity, emissivity, absorbivity
water vapour permeability, modulus of elasticity.

its a major matierial for the bees yet i cant find data.

bee behaviour in insulated long entrance tunnels( ~ 150mm e.g. trees) - major impact on colony defence and thermal and humidity. I can tell you its very different to a standard hive, lots of bees in there doing something but what?

I was reading an article about drones the other day, and very little is known about how they communicate, and what exactly it is that they communicate.

I was reading an article about drones the other day, and very little is known about how they communicate, and what exactly it is that they communicate.

Talking about women. They say that difficult to find virgins.

Could be that some of the beeks on this forum, who sometimes disagree with your comments are sending their bees to your home to target your car!!!

Could be that some of the beeks on this forum, who sometimes disagree with your comments are sending their bees to your home to target your car!!!

On the bright side it is better to send the bees and not the beekeepers!

Talking about women. They say that difficult to find virgins.

I imagine they would communicate where the drone congregation areas are, but do they communicate anything else? People say that drones have only one use, mating, but are there other roles they play that we haven't yet discovered I wonder.

nah - their bees wouldn't have the energy to get to the bottom of the garden

Good one, drone congregation areas might be a good angle.

Wonder what the drones are thinking as they're dragged out of the nest in Autumn.

Good one, drone congregation areas might be a good angle.

Wonder what the drones are thinking as they're dragged out of the nest in Autumn.

They chase my rc helicopter when I fly it over my hives...so I guess it's sex..

I imagine they would communicate where the drone congregation areas are, but do they communicate anything else? People say that drones have only one use, mating, but are there other roles they play that we haven't yet discovered I wonder.

I can't think drones would communicate where to find a virgin queen to drone competitors - it would reduce their own chance of mating.

Since drones hang around indoors until it's nice and warm at midday, do they help keep brood warm by their presence on the comb?

Latest posts

Back