Swarm in Chester bees in 2nd floor scafolding is here

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean.

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hello,

I have come to a swarm and yes it is honey bees. In Chester near the city centre, they have scafolding up and boards on site. The swarm is higher than I thought, inside the brick work. There is no insulation between walls (so I was told).

I can't reach up to get the bricks ou after taping to hear where they are. And won't move the boards that are there, as I' ve not done it before and I don't have the safety kit. Where are the tradesmen and women?

Bricks will need to be removed and if you are a bricky they need to be put back : )

They are looking to get this done by Thur early morning as the scafolding will be coming down then.

Please message with your name and number, and I can pass this on.

Sean

Hello,

The swarm is higher than I thought, inside the brick work. .

after taping to hear where they are.

Bricks will need to be removed and if you are a bricky they need to be put back : )

They are looking to get this done by Thur early morning as the scafolding will be coming down then.

Sure it's a swarm & not a colony?

Big Ask that, all for a free service!

They would pay for both the bess to be removed and if you are a bricky the have them put back. I was not clear on that point. You would need to discuss that with them to see how much to charge.

Sean

A bit of an accademic question. When does a swarm become a colony?

A swarm is a colony without a permanent home. Simples. No brood and just hanging around awaiting the scouts to sort out their new home. What is difficult about that?

Latest posts

Back