Sublimox

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dano41

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Hello was wondering if anyone who uses a Sublimox vaporizer could tell me what the working temperature is inside the bowl and have checked it with a thermometer.

Oxalic sublimes at 162 Celsius 7f my memory is correct. You can confirm, or otherwise, by doing a goggle search?

Hello was wondering if anyone who uses a Sublimox vaporizer could tell me what the working temperature is inside the bowl and have checked it with a thermometer.

Why do you want to know? I have used one for ages and don't care how hot it gets. However, I don't use it as instructed anyway. I slide a sheet of thin steel in the drop tray groove and sublimate on that, thus avoiding frying any bees. Now please don't raise an issue about the (unknown) effects on the mesh as I haven't found anything worth worrying about in that respect for as long as I've used it. OK?

Thank you both for quick replies.Arfermo I think that you are talking about the Varrox type vaporizer.

sublimox

Hi Dano41 I have the Sublimox APF-PLUS and just tested it after 8 minutes it runs at a constant 300c hope this helps.

Thank you both for quick replies.Arfermo I think that you are talking about the Varrox type vaporizer.

Yes - my mistake. Sorry. However, the Sublimox vaporizer topic has been on this forum before - last year I think. Still don't fancy it in comparison.

Last edited:
If my memory is right, oxalic dissociates at a bit over 200 C, so the surface temperature may be that high but cooled a tad by the cool oxalic being deposited on it. Again, this information will be available on the net.

Yes I've been reading up the oxalic sublimates at 157c. At 189° C the oxalic acid which has not yet sublimed decomposes to formic acid and carbon monoxide I'm I right in thinking you ideally you wouldn't want this and a constant temperature of 157c would be better.hallshoney I sent you a pm.

Latest posts

Back