stolen honey in tubs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnfly

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Between four and half (4.5) and five (5) tons of honey was stolen from a locked and alarmed building in Gloucester on Thursday night-Friday morning ( Dec 20/21 ), if anybody knows anything or has honey offered to them cheap by none beekeepers please inform Gloucester police. :thanks:

Thanks John,they would leave empty handed here!!
Happy Xmas

What size tubs/buckets is it in?
Was it stolen from Mike?

Thank you John, will keep ears and eyes open.

Does that mean that the alarm was defeated or a waste of money and false security?

150 to 160 30lb buckets would take more than a few minutes to remove and load up. With four blokes that's maybe 20 trips with two buckets apiece, so maybe about ten to twenty minutes on the plot.

£10,000+ is a lot to have lost. Commiserations to Mike and I hope that the law catches up with the perpetrators and soon.

I'd read it as metric tonnes Hombre so even worse.
A bit like bee thefts, this must surely have involved somebody with a bit of knowledge.

Whoops, 4,500kg divided by 30lbs - and that is before any Christmas cheer.

I had better not send any honey buckets to Mars then, but am eminently qualified for a job with NASA crash testing interplanetry landers.

So the figure would be potentially well north of £20k and at least twice the number of buckets as I first estimated. I wouldn't mind if I didn't make the same lbs/kg thinking error with honey buckets regularly.
= = =
Did Hannah merntion that Santa called while you were out yesterday afternoon?

She did. Many thanks. Sorry to have missed you. I'd have left out some mince pies if I'd known.

Thanks for the buckets of honey too.:eek:

You have to wonder what the filth that stole that honey would do with it. Which leads to the suggestion that it was perhaps another beek or beeks that took it.

no pysch but got to be someone with knowledge who can also off load too, targetted, bastards after all that hard work. anything on the buckets to identify?

4.5 to 5 metric tonnes suggests either determination or team handed. Anybody turn up at the local pub out of breath with a flushed face?

How many tonnes have you lifted and carried 5 or 6 metres in one session recently . . . Oh, and do you have a stripey jumper and a black mask too? :) This was most definitely organised.

A 30lb honey bucket lid is around 0.27m square, so you would get 12 in a square metre if you were very lucky. 0.73sqm footprint each bucket. Stacked two high that's 10 square metres or more. 5 or 6sqare metres floorspace if they were stacked three high.

I hope that Mike has the wit to get it on the TV and get the eyes of the public watching. Someone suddenly handling a lot of buckets (negibours notice), someone trying to shift more honey than they are likely to have available. Maybe three or four people trying to shift a tonne apiece. Think it out and tell the public what they should be looking out for or may have seen. I can't believe that this would have been done on an open trailer because there would be too much risk of being stopped, so we are likely to be looking for a van full of buckets.

Anyone in the area bought a bottling machine or lots of jars recently?

This can't go totally unnoticed, get the details onto the BBC and ITV news channels whilst they are short of other real news due to the holiday.

Was the stock insured ???

I don't think that he was insured, i know that he was trying to get some insurance, but it was the location was the stumbling block
Hombre, you are working figures out well, its was over twice your first estimate,
Adrian wilford, i agree with you that it was somebody with knowledge, because of the way they ripped all the alarms system out, smashed metal gates and doors and doors into each locked room where the honey was kept. A lot of damage

I am very sorry, thats such a horrible news to hear.

If you say "somebody with knowledge", do you mean knowledge of how to handle alarm systems or knowledge about the location, like what was stored there and how it was secured ?

You have to wonder what the filth that stole that honey would do with it. Which leads to the suggestion that it was perhaps another beek or beeks that took it.

The honey was advertised far and wide so its not nessecarily only other beekeepers who had an idea of its value, thats what I'm telling myself anyway !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back