Spring Conventionn 2012 dates

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

666bees

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 swarms, 1 14x12 nuc, national nuc
Does anyone know the dates yet?

:gnorsi:

Thats newport in shropshire.
NOT NEWPORT WALES...

Looks as if they canna afford Stoneleigh now.

Too far for me.

Looks like another "clever" decision by the BBKA

PH

My beloved has just pointed out that it is a huge distance, now 136 miles.

To Stoneleigh it was 60 odd miles.

The price of fuel plus the Entry cost is now prohibitive. Bless them as they commit commercial suicide.

PH

I expect it's more a case of better facilities. As in lecture theatres big enough for those who want to attend? And maybe, shock, horror, some better catering (although we enjoyed our picnic on the grass this year...)? Maybe even more space for exhibitors to reduce the Th ornes brawl and overcrowding elsewhere (we can hope).

Last edited:
Better facilities that make 3/4 + of the population unable to attend.......

Yep better all round... makes damn sure the halls are small enough....LOL

PH

Poly,
I don't think it's actually any further for you, if anything slightly closer.
They'll probably lose more southerners than they gain northerners, and no doubt a few will actually turn up in South Wales. But overall I think it won't make a big difference.

well just tapped TF10 8NB in the TOMTOM and if i go in my car it is 1hr 5mins longer for the single and 2hr 10 retrun, or 1hr 40min longer 3hrs 20min return in my landrover which i was going to take to collect all the bits i wanted to buy,
Cost

extra petrol for the car is 100 miles @ 10mls per litre so £13.50 fuel, extra fuel if i take the Landrover.....don't even mention it, my wife might see:eek:

Last edited:
Its only 1hr 40 one way,for me now,instead of 2 1/2 hours,so I'm happy.(sorry)
But I agree it should be central to everyone, it like the honey show,unless you like down south there is no chance of getting there.

While its further away from us in the East and consequently I wont be going, I do appreciate that it is still central to the country and as such a refreshing change from everything SE centric

There is a camp site nearby called King head park , if anyone is intrested

Is there a big uptake of urban beekeeping in the other cities and large towns, like there is in London? Seems a bit odd to get all these Londoners interested in beekeeping and then put the convention the other side of the country.

Is there a big uptake of urban beekeeping in the other cities and large towns, like there is in London? Seems a bit odd to get all these Londoners interested in beekeeping and then put the convention the other side of the country.

I have to say I for one am quite happy its moved - quite a bit easier for me to get there. Beekeepers are spread all over the country and I definitely wouldnt advocate moving it to London - you can hardly camp nearby !

more than 3 hours away for me so will stick to the Welsh beekeepers convention.

There is a big uptake in beekeeping nationally, urban and otherwise.

Back