Spiders mated ... Now what ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
40 Plus
Hi

Happy out , checked two Apideas y,day . Drawn comb and both q's just come into lay.

Affixed " Q. Includer ". ... Now what , can I transfer queen and bees to a Nuc , do I remove the comb and band into a brood frame in a P. Nuc and feed ?

Or is that not how to proceed, or should I just use queen and try to make a Nuc using young bees and brood frames from another hive ?

First year using Apideas and cannot find instructions on what to do next .

... What the hell ... Just saw my post header... Meant to type Apideas !!! Really !!

Thanks

Brian

Affixed " Q. Includer ". ... Now what , can I transfer queen and bees to a Nuc , do I remove the comb and band into a brood frame in a P. Nuc and feed ?

Or is that not how to proceed, or should I just use queen and try to make a Nuc using young bees and brood frames from another hive ?

First year using Apideas and cannot find instructions on what to do next .
If you allow the queen to open mate, you don't need to use the queen excluder. That is for keeping the queen in if you are doing instrumental insemination.
There are insufficient bees in an Apidea to support the queen for very long and these are usually shaken out after the queen has been transferred to a nuc under a push-in cage.
This may help you http://www.apidea.ch/media/archive1/Betriebsanleitung englisch_2013.pdf

Last edited:
You can now user her to requeen a Q- hive, or make up a new nuc and add her as the queen, or give/sell her to a friend who needs a new Q. Of course, you have to make sure that wherever you introduce her is actually Q-, and introduce her in one of those little yellow plastic cage things or, as B+ said, a push-in cage. The yelllow things are dirt cheap which is why I prefer them!

Latest posts

Back