smallest jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkranger

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5 Nats and 1 tbh
Trying to decide on jar size for wedding favours. Can anyone tell me how many oz in a 45 or 55 ml hex jar plse?

I bought some

45ml MINI ROUND JAR

and generally I find they hold 50g approx 1.76oz

Found a nice little label for them and use them for sample jars.

Thanks all digging and Yorkshire.

Decided to go with 55ml hex jars from Winnie's.
hopefully no-one will want to try it on the day and get sticky in their best attire.

The smallest glass jars Thornes do, they claim to be 1 and a half oz (42g) for honey. That's probably manufactured as 30ml. I think those are the ones you see occasionally on hotel breakfast buffets. There's a plastic 1 oz (28g) but looks a little mean, probably 20 ml.

There's a plastic 1 oz (28g) but looks a little mean, probably 20 ml.

Having used these as sample jags and seen the mess some people get into opening them, I would not recommend them for any one who might be 'tired and emotional'!

Mike.

I'm doing wedding favours for my step daughter.
She wants 4oz jars so I hope my bees listen when I tell them !!!!!

Thanks all digging and Yorkshire.

Decided to go with 55ml hex jars from Winnie's.
hopefully no-one will want to try it on the day and get sticky in their best attire.

Good luck with the wedding!

You could give everyone a tiny packet of phacelia seeds too to help the bees. :)

Good luck with the wedding!

You could give everyone a tiny packet of phacelia seeds too to help the bees. :)

A much better idea. The wieght of all those tiny jars has to be a consideration. Perhaps the honey should be reserved for the immediate family only. Bee friendly flower seeds could be great and a lot less messy. if a few varieties are used some good conversations could be started and maybe swaps arranged.

Latest posts

Back