Silverwings Apiary sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
More than a hundred...Langstroth Jumbo
Anyone know about this ???
I have nt heard of them
Spotted it on Ebay...
Lots of hives and BEES and Hives....
ALL to go.....

No, can't find it on ebaY.

What is the lnk, please?

20 bucks for a hive cant be bad. cant even buy a brood box for that money !

It almost makes one want to convert to Langstroth !!

I am amazed at thepic of the apiary - never seen as many in one location, I wonder if they were permanently located there or this was just the over wintering location ?

S

It's a good price for a colony and hive if they are strong.

Have sent a message asking about whether they have had any winter treatment. Given the guy is giving up due to health, perhaps they missed their OA or whatever he may normally have done.

It almost makes one want to convert to Langstroth !!

I am amazed at thepic of the apiary - never seen as many in one location, I wonder if they were permanently located there or this was just the over wintering location ?

S

They're selling Nationals too..............

If you search ebay item number: 250779916008, you'll find the following in questions about the item....

Q: Hi, Im after one for my mum. She has always wanted a proper beehive but purely for decorative reasons so a "working" or "usable" is not a concern. How do we go about contacting you so we can choose one? 27-Feb-11
A: hi these are hives designed for production of honey they are not the facey ones you see on old fashioned photographs but if it is what you want please contact dad on 01754 820740 he might have something unusual tucked away that might suit pete

Q: hi there do you have a hive with bees for sail thanks paul 26-Feb-11
A: yes approx 50 of them they are all strong collonies dad is having to give up health so give him a bell 150gdp is i believe what they are up for

Rang him today. All gone!

If its who I think it is then my home town has lost its biggest supplier of honey. God knows I will have eat plenty of it.

Hope he has a long and healthy retirement.

Baggy

Sent from my ZTE-U V880 using Tapatalk

I had this as an E-mail the other day.

Honey bees for sale - an established hive
An established colony of honeybees for sale - in an old hive

John is now in his seventies and has been keeping bees since he was fourteen years old. However, the time
has come for him to retire from bee keeping and to sell his fifty established colonies.
Complete colonies of honeybees for sale

The bees have been raised in the UK from a variety of original stock.
The Bees are on eleven National frames.
They will be supplied in the brood box that they have over wintered in.
The were inspected last July and done every year by DEFRA
They were treated last March and will be treated again next week with Apiguard (March 1)
Hives are cedar or pine all treated with Ducksback wood treatment
Comb between 1 and 5 years old
Collect from Lincolnshire before Sunday 6th of March.

The complete package consists of:
One Standard National sized beehive hive floor and entrance block (closed).
One Standard National brood box with eleven frames of bees brood and stores.
One crown board.
One hive strap to keep the above strapped together ready for traveling.

In addition each colony will have:
One queen excluder.
Two supers with frames of drawn out honeycomb ready for the bees to store honey into.
One flat hive roof.
One feeder bucket (used).
£180 - picked up before Sunday 6th of March.

This is a good year to buy UK bees. The bees will be well suited to our weather having survived
two hard winters in a row.

Beginners, you should easily make honey in your first year. There will be an option on collection to
buy another brood box, base, crown board and roof (for swarm control) and more supers if you wish.

If you are interested in buying more than one colony of bees then please email me

Cheques please made payable to:
Patrick

Latest posts

Back