Rosebay Willowherb

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shabro

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Do any of you know if rosebay willowherb would be any use to help build up a colony or two, I have have access to some land that has acres of the stuff and just wondered if it was worth it.

Good stuuf, I'll be preparing to move a couple tonight then, presently they are on arable land with a few small pockets of forage.

Around here, flowering is sporadic, I think the unseasonable weather in March caught it out , there is some coming into flower (perhaps re-started )it's usually much earlier than this !
The great hairy willow herb seems to have overtaken it !!
Golden rod is on the point of flowering, bang on time :)
VM

I know theres no chance of being able to extract anything this year, I just want them to build up and bring in some stores.

Pray for an Indian Summer :D
VM

Last edited:
Around here, flowering is sporadic, I think the unseasonable weather in March caught it out , there is some coming into flower (perhaps re-started )it's usually much earlier than this !
The great hairy willow herb seems to have overtaken it !!
Golden rod is on the point of flowering, bang on time :)
VM

We have great hairy, standard fireweed and small stingey-flowered. Never seen bees on the first or the third...do they use them for forage?

I recall a recent article by someone from Chainbridge Honey Farm in which it said that willow herb was a good forage plant but low in protein.

The Canadians take tons of honey from it esp on Vancouver island.

Light almost water white honey.

PH

The RWH near me has gone mental after all the rain we had, way over six feet tall and now the sun has started blazing! :D

Back