RIP Dishmop

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
perhaps we could send a card to his family if we knew his address

I expect the club he was a member of knows it.

ANNOUNCEMENT

We are sad to report that one of the most respected re-enactors in the community, and a member of our group, Chris Wildey (aka "Dishmop") passed away at 5am this morning (28th August 2015). Chris had been fighting cancer in his bladder for some time, but we understand that it spread to other parts of his body. Chris was last seen by the group at Brighouse earlier this year. He died peacefully in a local (Norwich) respite centre with his wife Mary and family close by. Our deepest condolences to his loved ones.

http://www.northernforties.org.uk/

I have his address and have already written to his wife and said that he will be much missed on here as well as personally - he was a member of a variety of internet forums and had many interests - I'm not sure that his family were aware of all the forums he participated in. His wife, Mary, joined him in the 1940's re-enactment group which is probably why the announcement was made on that website. If anyone would like his address then PM me and I'll pass it on.

Oh dear .. I wondered what was happening as I hadn't heard from him or seen him post on the forum... very sad loss, I knew he was struggling with his health but he was ever hopeful. Taking his camper van to eternity along with the Bentley for fine days I hope..RIP Chris.
I've worried for a while whether I'd be reading a thread such as this - no emails from him and no posts on here. Sad to hear of his passing, goodbye to a pillar of this forum. so long Chris

Bit of a shock to read he had left us. Like I said in one of my more personal 'posts' to him (due to lack of mail address) " See you on the other side!" RIP
Dave:(

I'm very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with his family. xx

Dishmop

Really sorry to hear that,even though i never knew him he was a very good contributor to this forum,my sincere condolences to his family. R. I. P

That's a great shame. I met him a couple of years ago in Norwich when he let me have a couple of Warrés he wasn't using.
I used one this year (but not properly as it was occupied by a swarm) and I intend to get the other going next year as well.
Shame. He was a nice bloke.
RIP, Dishmop.

so sorry to here he's passed on, never met him but gleaned some info from him in the past.
rip dishmop

All the best to his family. His advice will be missed

As an infrequent reader on the forum, I have just received an e-mail, copied and pasted below. I guessed it must be 'Dishmop', looked on the Forum, to find the post of his passing away. Very sad.

"Due to the death of the beekeeper his widow has an observation hive for sale. It has four large frames full of bees and the buyer will need to remove it from the house.
At the moment there is no asking price for these bees - so offers are being invited from those interested in owning this unique hive and what looks to be a very well established colony of bees.
Please email me if you are interested in making an offer."

A Forum member might be interested in a purchase.

(Unfortunately as I have less than 10 posts, the e-mail address will not show.
You can always PM for it.)

I think I sold him his first colony; A nuc with a removable floor so he could move the bees to a Warre hive. From the few meetings I had with him when he came over, his take on life was 'interesting' and that came out in his posts. RIP.

Latest posts

Back