Plenty of drones

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torq

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
4 Hives, 4 Nucs.
Hi Guys,
my girls are still producing drones and laying eggs in drone cells. And before anyone asks they've not gone drone layer. Must be the good summer we've had.
Torq

Today was the first day mine started kicking them out, must be the cold nights!
E

Must be the good summer we've had.

Either that, or could be they are planning to supercede!

Must be the good summer we've had.

Either that, or could be they are planning to supercede!

Let's hope not!! There was a supercedure a couple of weeks ago in one of the other hives. They are all this years queens and there's been no signs of any play cups for a few months.

The weekly inspections will continue even though an association I know of on this island have already stopped and winterised their hives already.

What! - Its 22 C here - the bees are out - we are awaiting the Ivy - My sunflowers are in full bloom and roses opening. Yes the nights are getting chilly but wintering?

Would you believe it was 2 weeks ago that I was told about the winterizing! I think they will have to revisit their hives.

My girls have bee incredibly busy the last couple of days, the sedum outside the house is being worked and it was great watching them fly across the field with the sun lighting them up and allowing you to track them for a couple of hundred meters.

Latest posts

Back