Please someone, help me

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lois

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
2 colonies now! and some spare parts.
Hi folks, its been a long time since ive been on here and a lot has happened that I wont bore you with.

But.

And its a big but. I have neglected my hives and I need some help. I went to see them today (two hives) and they are flying around fine but I didnt look in the hives.
I need to get my confidence up again so I'm asking you lovely lot if there is anyone who could help me with a look and a sort out if needed. hopefully just the one time.
I'm in Buxton, Norfolk. Just North of Norwich.

And from now on I'll promise to be good and look after my girls. sorry, please don't hate me.

Shame I'm not down in Cromer for a few more weeks, yet. But the place is crawling with beekeepers, so you should be OK soon.

Hi Lois, a bit far for me, but p.m. both 'outlander' & 'village girl', they're both nr to you.

Dont beat yourself up about not having been able to see to your bees for a while, they are more than able to look after themselves. If you need to concentrate on other things im sure they wont mind to much, but its always worth just going to see that they are still coming and going.

If you have problems with finding someone on here why not give your local BKA a call and see if someone from there can comeout and give you some support. Hopefully they will be as good as ours down here and give you all the support you want.

Sorry to hear this, Lois - hope someone near you can help out

Wonderful people. Village girl and outlander are going to help me out later this week. Thanks so much Tonybloke.

This is why this is such a good forum, you can get virtual help at the stroke of a key or real physical help instantly. Fanbloodytastic.

I'll let you all know ow we get on. And hopefully get some pics of before and after.

Xxxxx's to you all.

good result Lois ! ;)

'Outlander' and 'village girl' are both really nice folk, I'm glad they can help.
looking forward to seeing the photo's.

I'm really looking forward to meeting you both.

Today the lovely people that are Village Girl and Outlander came and helped me get back in touch with my bees.

It was warm and sunny and my smoker lit first time!
They really encouraged me not to be nervous and it helped so much.
We looked in both of my hives and the girls were an absolute dream, calm and dreamy,we didn't get pinged once. Village Girl spotted my queen in the first hive really quickly (she's got a good eye). There was a fair amount of bees, brood, eggs and larvae. Outlander did a lot of propolis scraping of the frames and we put it all back together.
The second hive also had lots of lovely kind and calm girls, there was a lot more brace comb in this one but nothing that couldn't be dealt with fairly easily, even enough filled brace comb to take home and have on toast!

We did take some photos and I will download them tomorrow.

My very grateful thanks go out to Village Girl and Outlander, they made it such a lovely visit and I really hope to see them both again soon.
It's brilliant to know that when you need help it does come and so quickly.

I hope I can help someone else when they need it, or if they just want support or even a chat.

Finally I'd like to thank you for watching me and my little show and I love you all. (a la morecombe and wise!)Xx

Your more than welcome Lois. I or Village Girl can help in anyway just give us a call. :)

:) you are more than welcome, it was nice to meet you today and if you would like any more healp please feal free to ask and we will do are best to help :grouphug: :seeya:

I'll add my twopence worth too, its mutual support that is so helpful.

PH

And it's well worth asking.

That's so nice. We all have our ups and downs with our bees and it's so nice that there are people out there to get us back on our feet.

Latest posts

Back