'Perfect' timing

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjosephd

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Great… just in time for emerging queen/s a good week+ of crappy rainy windy weather.

Hopefully when she does get out there are a gazzillion drones out and no swallows!

At least maybe that means that having left two queen cells in the hive that they won't cast a swarm since the queens might be in the same hive together for two long to not have one deleted?

At least maybe that means that having left two queen cells in the hive that they won't cast a swarm since the queens might be in the same hive together for two long to not have one deleted?

I wouldn't count on it.

Great… just in time for emerging queen/s a good week+ of crappy rainy windy weather.

Hopefully when she does get out there are a gazzillion drones out and no swallows!

Amen on 2) but on 1) the urge for apine jiggy-jig is strong. They seem to manage to nip round the back of the bike sheds even when you'd swear to their parents they were tucked up in bed on account of the weather.

I've just had a batch of queens hatch and the weather looks bad for the foreseeable future.hope we get a good day or two amongst it.

Checked my 10 nucs and all laying
Thank goodness for fine weather in the costa del north:icon_204-2:

Latest posts

Back