Patteson's 8oz hex jar offer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
Got my jars already! Sold 1lb jar of honey to the delivery man and got the opportunity to parade myself in my bee suit for a customer and her walking friend - something to talk about. So, all in all a busy day at the office - deliveries, new customer, existing customer, potential customer and a bit of PR thrown in. Now back to my bees.

Just ordered 200 jars whilst sat in the pouring rain in a caravan in Anglesey.......

My jars appeared today ... very opportune as 'er indoors had just gone out so didn't have to explain three MORE large boxes arriving .... breathed a sigh of relief ... only problem now is where to put them as most of my hidey holes are already stuffed full ...

My jars appeared today ... very opportune as 'er indoors had just gone out so didn't have to explain three MORE large boxes arriving .... breathed a sigh of relief ... only problem now is where to put them as most of my hidey holes are already stuffed full ...

Mine arrived as well. I put them in the garage and wrote "old Baby Clothes" on the side :). Hope we won't be needing that before end of this season...

Forgotten i had ordered mine...
Still not arrived
Better go and make room in the shed for when they do come

Had to laugh reading this. Do you suppose in every beek's family there is one partner more beeky. ie one who buys equipment and hides it and one who complains that you have spent even more on those bloody bees! In our house I spend and hide things OH complains when he finds out.

As I only started beekeeping last July I know exactly how much I have spent - it's approaching £1000. OH would go spare if he knew.

Obe

My husband wouldn't dare complain; but then he can't considering he's a workshop gadget freak.

Yep ... I'm that as well ... I have to keep working just to pay for the hobbies that should make money or food ... I reckon between the allotments and the beekeeping we could have had most of the produce delivered by hand in a taxi from Fortnum and Masons and it cost less ... probably would not taste as nice but one day I'll break even ...

As for the workshop - be grateful he hasn't found woodturning yet ! It's not the wood that costs the money - it's the MUST HAVE tools to turn it ... and then there's the chucks ... and the finishes and the abrasives and the ... BIGGER lathe ... well, it just goes on and on ... bit like beekeeping really !

I'm now being asked whether it's time I started selling some of the turnings that are now filling every spare horizontal surface in the house ... that would be a bit like selling my children as I see it ... but don't think OH does. As for the large pile of unturned wood waiting down the side of the house - best not even think about that - it was free but ... it's sort of another pile of STUFF ... What I need is another shed .. with a lock on it.

Id like to say thanks to the OP, or maybe not - where to store 500 jars.......

Latest posts

Back