Patteson's 8oz hex jar offer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itma

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Just a heads up that I've just noticed that Pattesons have their 8oz hex on half price offer today. (I've no idea how long the offer might last.)

Now, 8oz hasn't been the most popular size in my experience, but this might be because I've tended to offer too much choice, or because of the way my pricing ends up giving it the least 'round number' price. Or both.
Nevertheless a price of 17.3 pence per HEX jar inc lid, vat and delivery is pretty damn cheap.
And that's on a quantity of just 100.
It gets cheaper per jar if you order more - 15.22 pence per jar if you take 500.

I'm sure someone or other might be interested ... http://www.jarsandbottles-store.co.uk/index.php/special-glass-range/8oz-hexagonal-jar.html

/// My only connection is as a satisfied (but special offers only) previous customer!

that's a good price, and I was geared up to buy 200, but they don't do paypal, I'm not a lover of having to enter card details into unknown sites

Hi itma,
Thanks for that! Just ordered 100 for my flying honey customers, as I found the other lids unreliable when tipped upside down.

Does anyone have any success with 8oz ?
how much do you charge?
i sell 1lb for £5 and 12oz for £4 but have had 12oz for a while as everyone buys 1lb
are 8oz good way to get return customers for the 1lb, as getting told £5 is to expensive but dont seem to mind after trying it

Does anyone have any success with 8oz ?
how much do you charge?
i sell 1lb for £5 and 12oz for £4 but have had 12oz for a while as everyone buys 1lb
are 8oz good way to get return customers for the 1lb, as getting told £5 is to expensive but dont seem to mind after trying it

last year I sold in hex 8oz jars £3.50 each or 3 for £10, they were the best seller

Pricing depends very much on your local economy. And can also depend on the venue and the segment of the community that uses that venue.

I've found people happier to buy 12oz @ £5 or 4oz @ £2.50 than 8oz @ £3.75 ...

I sell all mine in 8oz jars at farmers and craft markets,£4 each or 3 for £10.Thanks for the heads up itma !

that's a good price, and I was geared up to buy 200, but they don't do paypal, I'm not a lover of having to enter card details into unknown sites

Are you sure they dont do paypal? I have bought jars from them.

Well known company and they do regular special offers.

Ah. Perhaps they dont do paypal. Its just that I pay for nearly everything with PP but I have a PP debit card which is a Mastercard.

Last edited:
The price of the jar + lid + label seems to be overlooked when costing out the price to sell locally produced honey for.

Our hex 8oz jar + lid + label cost 60p a hefty chunk out of £4.80
When the cost of selling.. ie food fair table prices + petrol, let alone the cost of beekeeping and all the other consumables.... I wonder how anyone can sustain a loss!!

It would be nice to break even!**
(** Quote hobby farmer with sheep and beef cattle + a few fields of beans ... all on a mere 1000 acres!)

Yeghes da

Am I right in thinking they are inclusive of P&P?

Free P&P and VAT inclusive ( at the crippling 20%)... and included is a lid!!!

No Paypal?

Just ordered a lorry load!
If the container is worth far lees than the contents you do not have to charge it to the end user... or is that just containers for bees ???:biggrinjester:

Yeghes da

That's the deal, and they have been a reliable supplier in the past. Because the prices do include delivery, previous threads have mentioned if you ask about collection or larger orders by phone, they do give discounts.

...Our hex 8oz jar + lid + label cost 60p a hefty chunk out of £4.80...
£4.80 is doing well for 8 oz, perhaps that warrants a fancier package. With these jars at the price and home printed labels, I'm reckoning on around 20p per jar. It's 25 or 35 quid for a table that I have to think about.

Huh! £30 delivery charge if you live on the Isle of Wight. This is crazy as many carriers charge no extra (nor should they) and I've never been asked for extra by any other beekeeping supplier. So much for a 'bargain'.
:smash:

Hi,
I am so pleased that you have changed your forum name as the old one jarred with me (pun intended).

Latest posts

Back