Our New Kid!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremyfro

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Beehaus
Number of Hives
Possibly...5 and a bit...depends on the bees.
I am certain my photo will come out upside down....but if you click on it...it will be the right way up! This young colt was born on 1st June. The mare is a lusitano mare I rescued from the abbatior...she turned out to be pregnant. So we called the foal.....Dom Oculto...which means Hidden Gift in Portugese. At home he will be know as Liquorice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 55
Nope! Only the writing is the right way up. Can't even turn it round so easily as 'puter thing is set to auto adjust the pic for portrait or landscape.

Looking at the title I was thinking you kept goats!

Good looking little colt. So ponies(?) increasing about the same as your bee colonies?

He is a smart colt...well made too. As a freebie....not bad. Of course I would have preferred it if she had not been in foal in the first place......we had just started riding her...when I realised the expanding girth was more than good grass! So everything had to stop. She is enjoying motherhood for a while this year. Can anyone tell me how to turn my photos the right way up?

He is a smart colt...well made too. As a freebie....not bad. Of course I would have preferred it if she had not been in foal in the first place......we had just started riding her...when I realised the expanding girth was more than good grass! So everything had to stop. She is enjoying motherhood for a while this year. Can anyone tell me how to turn my photos the right way up?

Nice colt. Any chance of finding out the sire?

i opened the photo in a new tab and it came out right way up :)

i opened the photo in a new tab and it came out right way up-

Nope! Still upside down. The only ways I can view it the right way up is turn off this auto thingie or carefully place this tablet thing horizontal before turning it around (or looking at it from the other side).

Sadly...we cannot find out what the sire is. She came from a so called charity....but they starved the horses there. They took pictures of the starving and dying horses to get donations. Many people in the UK, France, Germany etc sent food and equipment and money. They just wanted an easy way to make money. We exposed them....but the authorities won't prosecute them. However .....we got a lot of the horses away from them....Gracious was one of them. The mares were left with stallions and colts in the same bare dusty fields and pens. Hence quite a few of the mares were in foal. The sire could easily be a good quality stallion from one of the studs. Many have closed due to the economic situation...they can't afford to feed them....the horses stand in the enclosures....no food. I could only save one....but it turned out to be two!
Many people in this world are cheats and liars.
I have tried turning the picture before posting but it just turns itself upside down again....I am sure there is a way to do it. All the photos I post elsewhere are fine...just on this forum!

Latest posts

Back