• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

nuc or swarm wanted Lancashire on nationals

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgehog66

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
A lot of nationals & 5 TBH
Hi, i am looking to replace 2 of my lost colonies
I would be very happy with a swarm or a nuc
I'm in Lancs but will travel to collect.
Please contact me if you can help
Thank you

:thanks:

Hi hedgehog
I might beable to help you contact me 07787758033

Will the seller not be making the usual donation to the forum? I would have thought so, and if he or she forgets, then won't admin remind him or her?

IF you have one good colony, an early start with feeding/watering should be strong enough later to A/S and make a split? I've not bought bees for about ten years. OK perhaps not much honey this year, but you can't have both more bees and expect a huge crop from your hive, although splitting after the OSR may not reduce the crop appreciably. If strong enough, A/S and make two splits and that will allow strong 3 full colonies for overwintering, if you work at it, plus a nuc to take through. There are other options like buying in queens rather than colonies, too.

Wouldn't it be nice if someone was a kind enough soul to give Hedgehog66 some bees...
:)

Still has some bees if his info is correct.

Latest posts

Back