• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bees Wanted 6 frame Nucs with BIAS

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivachaz

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
Wanted : 6 frame nucs with good BIAS coverage please.

Based in Llanelli, south wales

Contact me if anyone has some for sale that are healthy and a good price.

Thank you

Wanted : 6 frame nucs with good BIAS coverage please.

Based in Llanelli, south wales

Contact me if anyone has some for sale that are healthy and a good price.

Thank you
You probably want to wait order one with a deposit and collect next spring would be my advice.

You probably want to wait order one with a deposit and collect next spring would be my advice.
I appreciate the advice , thank you , was just wondering if anyone had any still around , as I have a few spare hives that I could overwinter them in .

I appreciate the advice , thank you , was just wondering if anyone had any still around , as I have a few spare hives that I could overwinter them in .
There are I do have nucs ,but you will find most good suppliers would advise the same I’m sure.
You wouldn’t want to put nucs into hives this time of year also .
Get them ordered for next spring when they have wintered and expanding good luck .

Mark

There are I do have nucs ,but you will find most good suppliers would advise the same I’m sure.
You wouldn’t want to put nucs into hives this time of year also .
Get them ordered for next spring when they have wintered and expanding good luck .

Mark
I have built out the spare hives with kingspan to 6 frame capacity, so much like a nuc if not a bit warmer due to the thicker walls the poly hive has .

Pricing if you were to sell any ?

Good point.

That's one advantage of buying now: price for over-wintered nucs is likely to be higher. Advantage of buying in spring: someone else will risk a winter loss.
That’s one of the reasons I asked this, as it’s end of season, maybe someone might have had a few nuc sized colony’s that were surplus to requirements.

I have built out the spare hives with kingspan to 6 frame capacity, so much like a nuc if not a bit warmer due to the thicker walls the poly hive has .

Pricing if you were to sell any ?
Fair enough dummied down would work .
Pm sent

Last edited:
are you a member of Swansea and district BKA? I'm sure I heard someone there was trying to offload a nuc a few weeks ago.

I'd sell in spring at £250 to get max. return, but a hobby beekeeper who wants to offload now is a better bet at a better price; suggest you follow JBM's lead.
I completely agree with you mate .

I sent a private message on behalf of someone and did not get a reply
Depends when you sent it - the OP has not been around since 7th October so if he hasn't got push notification set then he might not have received your PM.

Latest posts

Back