nitrile gloves - long cuff

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, there was also something a while back about plastic somehow ending up in the sea.

It's pretty much current & happening.

Only Morrison & Waitrose seem to be interested, all the other supermarkets still handing out free plastic bags?

We should also ask how "wringoutable" kitchen towels actually work if they are only paper and how much plastic there is in "Onesheet"?

S.W.M.B.O. now packs my sandwiches in waxed paper bags. Downside of that is the bread is too hard for bird table by the time I get home! I wonder how long it will be before we see dog walkers carrying paper bags instead of plastic????

It's pretty much current & happening.

It could become a real problem, we will know when it is for sure... as the governments will ban all plastics that are likely to end up in the sea.

Bet these gloves would resemble a jelly fish if they were in the sea.

Last edited:
How do we all dispose of them?

I don't get visitors who have handled bees elsewhere & I handle swarms with a pair of maisie's blue rubber gloves, (with the cotton extensions) but surely, there's too much plastic waste in the open environment already?

I agree. It would also be rude to the farmer to leave waste behind at an apiary.

As I go through the colonies at an apiary, I will go through several pairs of gloves. My right beesuit pocket always has a supply of clean gloves and my left pocket steadily gets full of used ones (sometimes they tear and sometimes they just get too sticky). I take them home with me and empty them all into the "recycle bin".

What for? they usually just leave the **** lying around for others to step in.

To be fair, that isn't my experience. Dog-walkers around here always pick up the muck in black plastic bags. There are also special red bins around the village for them to be left.

:hairpull:what about those that bag it up and then stuff bag and sh1t in the hedge

:hairpull:what about those that bag it up and then stuff bag and sh1t in the hedge

Yeah!! bone idle filthy scum of the earth. Went to view a house a few years back and the house backed onto a path with a tall hedge the other side. Dog walkers had made the hedge look like some kind of BDSM rubberised black bagged Christmas tree. Hundreds of little knotted black bags.

I bet they're the same dog owners who let their dogs lick their face after the fella has given his "Lipstick" a good lickin and clean... :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

To be fair, that isn't my experience. Dog-walkers around here always pick up the muck in black plastic bags. There are also special red bins around the village for them to be left.

the ones that do use bags then just hang it on the nearest available fence or tree.

The road to the association apiary (originally the main road into Swansea, now closed off and unused) is a favourite dog walking spot. My first job when I arrive there to open up is to check and remove the dogshit scattered around near our gate.
My plan is this year is to scoop it up on a little shovel and take it with me into the apiary - first dog walker that passes our hedge, I launch the turds over it.

I don't get visitors who have handled bees elsewhere & I handle swarms with a pair of maisie's blue rubber gloves, (with the cotton extensions) but surely, there's too much plastic waste in the open environment already?

Brilliant for getting the coal fire going are those blue nitrile gloves..

I was listening to a BBC radio 2 drive time confession last year and it involved poo bags hanging in trees..
Parents had organized a Easter egg hunt for the children in a little village somewhere..what they did was put little chocolate eggs in plastic bags and hang them in the lower parts of the trees and shrubs along a footpath..the children where then taken to the wrong location by mistake by another parent... i will leave the rest to you imagination..:puke:

Brilliant for getting the coal fire going are those blue nitrile gloves..

Must admit, we burn a lot of single use plastics on the fire.

However, S.W.M.B.O. has poo-poo'd the use of coal in the stove until it gets cold!
Found out this afternoon that the padlock to the shed is frozen solid and therefore, my chainsaw is temporarily inaccessible. :bump: does that count???

Must admit, we burn a lot of single use plastics on the fire.

However, S.W.M.B.O. has poo-poo'd the use of coal in the stove until it gets cold!
Found out this afternoon that the padlock to the shed is frozen solid and therefore, my chainsaw is temporarily inaccessible. :bump: does that count???
No that is a lame excuse ..:rolleyes: ..don't tell me your blow lamp is also in the shed..? ..if so boil the owld kettle and pour some boiling water on the padlock..;)

Latex is a natural material and decompose - so, you can add them to the compost bin or bury them. I don't do that because they take two or three years to decompose, but chucking them into the rubbish bin doesn't seem so bad, knowing they'll decompose on the council tip at some stage.

Rubber gloves (as in kitchen gloves or the ones sold by beekeeping shops) have very little rubber in them - so, despite being called 'rubber', they won't decompose that easily.

Latest posts

Back