Next ice age on the way.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whether you are pro or anti climate change then over population by Humans is the real problem

We appear to be either doomed by the over population causing climate change or over population using up the earths finite resources

The solution is to cull at least half the world's population to reduce the over consumption and perhaps Mother Earth has found the way and a virus like Ebola will do it for her

only problem with the oil we keep finding is its in bloody stupid places !

No now - no need to add any more fuel to the Scottish devoloution debate!

The solution is to cull at least half the world's population to reduce the over consumption
Bagsy me in charge of the list

On the roof of the Hilton it was 62C at around 14.00 yesterday. The technicians were spraying the air conditioner chillers with water in an attempt to stop them shutting down due to overheating. Temperature reading from a digital camera.

'Climate change' The climate has been in a constant state of change ever since it came into existence. Humans and their god complexes. Many other creatures will walk this planet long after we have gone. Sooner or later nature will sort us out

are you also a Neanderthal?

We've all got a bit of Neanderthal in us....

In two new studies, genetic researchers have shown that about 20 percent of the Neanderthal genome survives in modern humans of non-African ancestry and identified exactly which areas of the human genome retain segments of Neanderthal DNA.
Jan 30, 2014

http://tinyurl.com/m6qnsbe

Oh, for heaven's sake. There is nothing in that article that disagrees with global warming, read it again.

Global warming is real and man-made, and continuing. The terminology got changed a little while back to climate change because it was open to mis-interpretation, eg ' bring it on, we could do with some warmer weather'.

It is the globe that is warming, whether or not your bit is getting warmer is a detail. The heating does not happen uniformly, and actually seems to happen more near the poles- but whether it is getting warmer in antarctica, in Basingstoke, or at the bottom of the ocean trenches, it is all part of the globe and therefore global warming.

It's been known for around 150 years that CO2 levels in the atmosphere affect the extent to which the earth is warmed by the sun. Since the industrial revolution we have been releasing millions of tonnes of safely stored carbon back into the atmosphere, there is no way it could possibly not cause warming.

And yes, population growth is a major factor. Realistically there is not going to be a major cull however, the best we can hope for is a reduction in the rate of growth, eventually leading to a slow reduction in population. This seems to be the trend as countries become richer and better educated- lets just hope we can turn it around in time.

'Climate change' The climate has been in a constant state of change ever since it came into existence. Humans and their god complexes. Many other creatures will walk this planet long after we have gone. Sooner or later nature will sort us out

yes the climate changes but not at this accelerated rate. releasing tons of locked up carbon into our air will have an affect.
97% of scientific community agree with 'man made climate change'. if 97 bridge engineer told a bridge would collapse if you walked on it and 3 said it wouldnt. would you walk on it?

why people think their opion on this matters its science fact. nobody feels obliged to wade into the how we should cure cancer debate do they?

97% of scientific community agree with 'man made climate change'.

How many or how loud they say does not matter. Only what they say.
If 100 "scientists" say 2+2=5 do you accept it as a fact or do you use your own head?

Those scientists are people like you and me. They have children and have to pay the bills. For that they have to apply to grants. There are no grants for those who question the man made exponential global warming, only for those who try to prove it.

Last edited:
I can read data just fine and there are a hunderd different feilds of climate science and they all say the same thing. and u get grants no matter what the out come. Research in any feild does not work in that cincal way. Athouth all the denias work for big oil ....

whether you are pro or anti climate change then over population by Humans is the real problem

We appear to be either doomed by the over population causing climate change or over population using up the earths finite resources

The solution is to cull at least half the world's population to reduce the over consumption and perhaps Mother Earth has found the way and a virus like Ebola will do it for her
The wrong people are breeding too... just watch an episode of Jeremy kyle...

Agree again -In our village we have a young woman who has had five kids, all with different fathers. She says that she doesn't know who the fathers are. She is registered at the labour office as an unemployed prostitute and of course receives unemployment benefit, plus child allowance for the kids and an allowance for a carer for the kids, her rent and other bills paid for by the state. After the last kid, the state made sure that she was sterilised and quite right too.
There are many similar examples, with some of them even getting two weeks holiday paid for by the state (that's us working folk who pay taxes) - it's makes you sick. NO wonder the government is strapped for cash.

How many or how loud they say does not matter. Only what they say.
If 100 "scientists" say 2+2=5 do you accept it as a fact or do you use your own head?

Those scientists are people like you and me. They have children and have to pay the bills. For that they have to apply to grants. There are no grants for those who question the man made exponential global warming, only for those who try to prove it.

Hear hear. Scientists have a vested interest and many on these studies are heavily biased. I think people underestermate how vast our atmosphere is and overestermate the affect humans have on it. Have you any idea how much carbon volcanoes produce in one day compared to humans in one year? Not to mention the oceans. In the history of the planet ice ages have come and gone like seasons all with their global temperature changes. The only difference being that there is now an 'intellegent' species to ponder it. I turn lights off after me not because I worry about the atmosphere but because I worry about me bills

Back