Nasty Swarm collection

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abm

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Im a Pest Controller by trade but also collect and keep swarms.

Yesterday morning i took a call for "wasps" going in a wall. (his words)
Straight forward process i states and books him in for a late visit, to nail as many workers as poss.

Arrives at just after 8pm with all my wasp gear and nothing else, to see its a massive swarm of honeys....:paparazzi:

Thinking previously to the call, i'd presumed swarms were passed it...

I asked the customer to raz up a cardboard box so i can remove them, suited and booted i ventured towards them to be greeted by violent pings, 20 - 30 before i even got close. I wear heavy duty work trousers with just a jacket and veil, but the little sh*ts managed 3 stings on 1 leg and 2 on the other.

Brushing them into the box supplied i laid it on the floor and walked back to the car some 40 yrds away, still they attempted to nail me. Eventually they calmed down, so i donned some coveralls & riggers as they were crawling up the trouser legs too. Headed back to attempt to seal the box they came at me again with back up.

In the distance was now a growing audience, it wasnt untill i'd sealed and went for payment, the client said most of the audience had been throwing stones at the swarm all day.

No wonder they were angry......... anyway these were my first ever experience with ANGRY bees, so know way were they coming home...

i'll add a pic shortly.

In the distance was now a growing audience, it wasnt untill i'd sealed and went for payment, the client said most of the audience had been throwing stones at the swarm all day.

Which just goes to show you how mind bogglingly stupid a great chink of the population are - forget about whether they had indentified them correctly or not;

Oh look - a swarm of bees - useful, beneficial honey providers going about their business - let's throw stones at them, wind them up and make them agressive

or

Oh look - a 'swarm' of wasps - nasty vicious aggressive creatures , let's throw stones at them, wind them up and make them even more aggressive

The question is always asked - 'why did God put these creatures on the earth? they are of no use or benefit to man nor beast'

Sometimes people ask the same question of wasps

A good friend who is a pest control officer picked up a swarm for me years ago that was in a bush that kids had set on fire. so sad

There's some class acts out there, someone showed me a video of a swarm hanging from a climbing frame. After a few direct hits with a baseball, the finale was lighting a fire in a shopping trolley and rolling it under the swarm.

I work with idiot's who swat and kill bumble bee's all day long in a frantic panic..it really does upset me.. i have told them time and time again they will not hurt you. but then again most of them are mentally challenged in some way or other..
Some people just can't come to grip's with nature and how it work's and it sadly seem's to be getting worse..

At one time, nature sorted out the 'wheat from the chaff' by killing these type based on their own stupidity. Unfortunately, the successive Governments and the 'do gooders' have nurtured the successive offspring of these 'throw backs' till the worlds seems to be being taken over by them. (come to think of it, some of them are the Government in one shape or another!):)

Midnight Sun for prime minister !!!!
even if you are from the wrong side of the pennines.

Midnight Sun for prime minister !!!!
even if you are from the wrong side of the pennines.

Thank you kindly Sir. You are obviously a man of good breeding and judge of character. As for being the wrong side of the Pennines, I often get lost!
Regards:)

There's some class acts out there, someone showed me a video of a swarm hanging from a climbing frame. After a few direct hits with a baseball, the finale was lighting a fire in a shopping trolley and rolling it under the swarm.

I saw that video. Upset me greatly, I couldn't watch most of it, had to switch it off. I just wish these bees and wasps would home in on the aggressor and give them a good stinging so as they never consider doing it again.

At one time, nature sorted out the 'wheat from the chaff' by killing these type based on their own stupidity. Unfortunately, the successive Governments and the 'do gooders' have nurtured the successive offspring of these 'throw backs' till the worlds seems to be being taken over by them. (come to think of it, some of them are the Government in one shape or another!):)

War, famine and disease used to be a great way of controlling these kind of people but the world has gone too high tech and mother natures checks and balances don't apply any more.

And when we finally have a government that has a better approach to the welfare state the lefties are in complete uproar. A total Darwinian society would be a nasty society to live in though

And when we finally have a government that has a better approach to the welfare state the lefties are in complete uproar. A total Darwinian society would be a nasty society to live in though

I think politics are best kept out of this forum. Personally I feel that we now have the most self interested and callous bunch of politicians in government that there has been in my lifetime. But this is not the place to discuss it.

I think politics are best kept out of this forum. Personally I feel that we now have the most self interested and callous bunch of politicians in government that there has been in my lifetime. But this is not the place to discuss it.

:iagree:
To all three points.
For one thing, as the majority on here are tories the argument is going to be a bit one sided anyway :D

Latest posts

Back