Nadolig Llawen - Merry Christmas

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinsbrynmair

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
Just getting nready to go up and open the old Bethel for the Plygain (pre-dawn service) These photos were taken at midnight when I last tended the fire.
Have a good Christmas everyone.

Nadolig Llawen!​

xmas carols

Attachments

• DSC_0099.JPG
    DSC_0099.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0100.JPG
    DSC_0100.JPG
    326 KB · Views: 40
Just getting nready to go up and open the old Bethel for the Plygain (pre-dawn service) These photos were taken at midnight when I last tended the fire.
Have a good Christmas everyone.

Nadolig Llawen!​

xmas carols

An early start then .. Happy Christmas all .. Just put the turkey in the oven .. looking forward to a relaxing day - and Christmas day with my soon to be 3 years old Grandson - I'm not sure who is more excited - Me or him ! Santa Claus has been very good to him ..

Have you ever thought of becoming an atheist? You get to stop in bed longer!:)

Merry Christmas, have a great day!

Have you ever thought of becoming an atheist? You get to stop in bed longer!:)

Merry Christmas, have a great day!

Not sure he deserves any consideration.

Jenkinsbrynmair is a late starter today!

Many good Anglicans welcomed the Good Lord at midnight.

Happy Day.

Dusty

Last edited:
A very happy Christmas to one and all.

Happy Day.

Dusty

I'm not a good Anglican nor even an Anglican but was in Church at midnight!

Happy Christmas...

Nollaig shona daoibh - Merry Christmas to all ... and thanks to everyone for the criticisms, encouragement and general help over the past year.

Happy Day.

Dusty

Only because it's a convenient rest stop on the way back from the pub! :D

we were just saying today though that we miss the afternoon service at the old schoolhouse (one of the hillside outstations to the mother chapel) now closed and sold off - in them days the plygain started an hour earlier and ended about the same time then it was a quick lunch, clear up and back to the schoolhouse for the 2pm service where, as tradition had it my family were in charge of handing out the xmas presents to all that attended - an apple and an orange. Sadly I missed the last service as I was at sea, but I think my brother was there to do the final duties.
Nice service today, but due to the weather only about a hundred turned up.
Family as usual pull rank and claim the fireplace seats :D

Attachments

• DSC_0104.jpg
    DSC_0104.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0102.jpg
    DSC_0102.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 27

Happy Day.

Dusty

Well that's it for you now Dusty - a bit like Santa; time to chill out and go into the winter slumber.
But fair do's you do work harder than Father Christmas as you will have a brief flurry again at Easter :D
Have a good Christmas and a happy and joyful new year!!

Is this shed/church only used for this one ceremony once a year, or is it also used for other things through the year.

Is this shed/church only used for this one ceremony once a year, or is it also used for other things through the year.

Unfortunately now the chapel is only used for the plygain, there are moves afoot to transfer ownership into a trust which means we will also have more freedom to use it at other times, we are presently working on it's renovation, only on Christmas morning I was pledged help by the leader of the local 'Men's Shed' who is also a time served joiner/cabinetmaker so I will at last get to finish renovating the pews which I started on a year or two back.
The burial ground is still in use - the last one in the valley open to non chapel members and the aim is also to offer the chapel for burial services. If we can get the chapel back to regular use as a place of worship I aim to apply for a marriage licence, something the Bethel has never had, so a bit over two centuries after it's opening we hope to see the first ever wedding there

Well that's it for you now Dusty - a bit like Santa; time to chill out and go into the winter slumber.
But fair do's you do work harder than Father Christmas as you will have a brief flurry again at Easter :D
Have a good Christmas and a happy and joyful new year!!

Thanks, JBM. But my work will never be done till I manage to convert you to the true church.

But at least you are trying - which is splendid!.
Lots of people on this Forum tell me how trying you are.
Your sterling work for the Chapel will undoubtedly get you a thousand years off your extensive time in purgatory.

Anyhow, enough of this "off till Easter" rubbish! I'm busy pounding the keyboard, writing a particularly tricky sermon for tomorrow morning - the commemoration of "Holy Innocents".

Do hope you and all Forum members have a good New Year.

Dusty.

Your sterling work for the Chapel will undoubtedly get you a thousand years off your extensive time in purgatory.
Pah! purgatory eh? papist nonsense - you'll be trying to sell me indulgences next.
Tell you what - I'll do you a deal I know an old farmer in the next valley who has offered me an old family heirloom - it's the third finger joint of Saint Teilo - I'll swap it for half a gross of blank indulgence forms, I'm sure you have a few kicking around :D

I'm busy pounding the keyboard, writing a particularly tricky sermon for tomorrow morning - the commemoration of "Holy Innocents".
Well, plenty of innocents to talk about this year - notwithstanding the victims of terrorist attacks you have persecution of Syrians, Palestinians and goodness knows what else to add to your list

Back