Murray Mcgregor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just looking at his recent tweets, he turned up at one of his apiaries and saw a beekeeper, probably in the their 70's looking through his nucs. One reason for checking our apiaries.

I take it that the gits age was the only thing that saved him!!

There is me catching apparently Yuri Boyka for demolishing one of my fence posts. Running 500m down the road after a removal lorry, but he was forced to stop before the gates which saved the day for me running out of puff! Did not know I was that fit though. His boss paid up. Everyone gives a false name these days even to the police.

Just looking at his recent tweets, he turned up at one of his apiaries and saw a beekeeper, probably in the their 70's looking through his nucs. One reason for checking our apiaries.

Well at least he caught the culprit!! Well saw him anyway!!!! I’ve had somebody (not a beekeeper certainly not a good one) look at a nuc that was empty (lid not placed back on right, stone on roof missing) then moved onto a hive. I have a stone on the roof, Queen excluder under the stone but ontop of the roof of my hives for winter, 1 super with insulation in, below that feed ontop of the brood frames. Came home one day to find the nuc roof not on right. Checked my other hives and 1 hive had the super on but not on correctly. A good inch to one side and no queen excluder under the stone. Somebody has been in for a look and I think after taking the roof off the nuc saw it empty. Took the roof off the hive, saw insulation then took off the super and BANG!! BEES!!! Angry bees because you’ve disturbed them!! Hive hastily put back together and a quick retreat made!! Had there been a hard frost I would have lost that hive due to somebody’s ignorance, inexperience. If they were that interested JUST ASK!! This happend 6th February 2020!! NOT the time of year to open a hive. Especially in NE Scotland!!! :rules:

I've had reports of some tosser mooching about my bee's at one of my out apiaries. Counter Measures are now in place.

There is me catching apparently Yuri Boyka for demolishing one of my fence posts. Running 500m down the road after a removal lorry, but he was forced to stop before the gates which saved the day for me running out of puff! Did not know I was that fit though. His boss paid up. Everyone gives a false name these days even to the police.

Harvey Mushmann has a lot to answer for !:calmdown:

Last edited:
Same here.
I have two hives in a wood, long way from the carpark but visible now that the vegetation has died down.
Footprints all round them and the boxes all askew, bees flying in and out the misaligned boxes rather than the entrance.
Fuming!

I'm lucky that there is a bungalow of a retired couple near my out apiary in the middle of nowhere and the guy came over to see what I was doing when I first set up. He now keeps an eye out and does ring me if he thinks some bodies about not many times tho over the 18months. I have though taken home my best colony last week as with everywhere quiet there may be some oppertunists about. Bet that's what Guy thought at Murrays

I'm lucky that there is a bungalow of a retired couple near my out apiary in the middle of nowhere and the guy came over to see what I was doing when I first set up. He now keeps an eye out and does ring me if he thinks some bodies about not many times tho over the 18months. I have though taken home my best colony last week as with everywhere quiet there may be some oppertunists about. Bet that's what Guy thought at Murrays

Well the hive I’m talking about was 2.5m from my front door! And I live in a town.

A wa--er of a so called bee farmer put 30/40 hives in the field next to my mating apiary & another 30 ish 150 yds from my home apiary.
Since then I've had hives unstrapped & pushed over twice,
I would love to catch the culprit

A wa--er of a so called bee farmer put 30/40 hives in the field next to my mating apiary & another 30 ish 150 yds from my home apiary.
Since then I've had hives unstrapped & pushed over twice,
I would love to catch the culprit
You need a trail cam set up.

Back